Two Worlds - Multiplayer Goes Massive

Reality Pump used to have (or still has) a multiplayer system called EarthNet for the Earth 21xx games and KnightShift that allowed up to 65K players per server and 8 players per match. I would assume that a buffed up version of that network will be used for the MMO mode.

Intresting so not only do they have a Network system in place but they have a proven/tested, that would certinaly explain how this is possible.

You know I have heard of KnightShift but couldn't find any English reviews, well I mostly only checked gamerankings as it's sort of a hub for reviews, soI am guessing this wasn't released in any English language country, they did have an up and coming page for KnightShift 2. :)

The US version of KnightShift was called Once Upon A Knight. Try to look for that one :) .

I'd like to know how they changed the content to accomodate 1000s v. 8 players. Also, presumably(haven't been following this one that closely as soon as they started blathering about subscriptions) the original multiplayer would likely not have been persistent, but also, presumably, the 1000s of players MMO play WILL be persistent. Is this their grand subscription thing then, perhaps? As in you only get the 1000s of player MMO aspect IF you subscribe to some monthly service?

As to the software development, I'd guess it's more likely that they have a client development team, the server development team, and a content development team that actually make the nuts and bolts of the game itself. If they had a setup like that it would, presumably, mean that both the server and content teams were ahead of schedule as both of those would HAVE to be involved in going to a 1000s of players format as that's just a huge change.

Any odds on how far the delivery date will be slipped in the end?

The US version of KnightShift was called Once Upon A Knight. Try to look for that one :) .

That always messes me up ... it gets bad with so many games like Resident Evil (Biohazard), Hot SHots Golf (Everyones Golf) and so on ...

Moriendor
"KnightShift was called Once Upon A Knight. Try to look for that one"
Yes, found that, thanks. :)
It sounds more like a stratigy, with some RPG elements but I can't tell what those elements are and sounds like I would need to play it, except I kinda get bored with stratigy games.

txa1265
"it gets bad with so many games like Resident Evil (Biohazard),"
I had no idea they were the same, though I really haven't played the series.
They must have sold the license to have traded such a popular name brand like RE, not that Biohazard is bad,

txa1265
"it gets bad with so many games like Resident Evil (Biohazard),"
I had no idea they were the same, though I really haven't played the series.
They must have sold the license to have traded such a popular name brand like RE, not that Biohazard is bad,

When they were getting the release of 'Resident Evil DS' ready last year and kept referring to it as Biohazard, it was also the time when 'Bioshock' was getting first news ... and I was quite confused (having never played a RE game myself)

Back
Top Bottom