Pantheon - Live Streaming Game Creation

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
The Pantheon devs have scheduled a Twitch session where it is possible to watch part of the design process of the game live together with the other developers who comment on it.

'PANTHEON: RISE OF THE FALLEN' REDEFINES COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT BY LIVE-STREAMING GAME CREATION

Visionary Realms, Inc. Includes Live Discourse with Community through Broadcast and Reddit Ask-Me-Anything

SAN DIEGO, Calif. - Jan. 27, 2014 - The game designers from Visionary Realms, Inc. today announced a community outreach program involving live-streaming of game design, and an open discourse on the philosophies and design principles and plans for their upcoming MMO game, Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen.

Visionary Realms, Inc. has teamed up with the Rob and Dan Show on Twitch.tv to begin streaming live game creation sessions from the desktop of Vu Nguyen, Senior Artist for Pantheon while other team members from the project discuss the game over the stream's audio feed. The cast will be involving the audience by answering questions asked in the show's chat channel.

"This is a great way for our community to see the actual process in designing a game," said Salim Grant, Director of Development. "We've said from day one that we want the community involved every step of the way, and this is a chance to prove that we're committed to that."

In addition to the show, which will air its first broadcast later today, Chief Creative Officer Brad McQuaid is scheduled to appear on a Reddit Ask-Me-Anything later this week. "We're pretty open about what we're doing with Pantheon," said McQuaid. "An AMA gives me the opportunity to interact directly with our future players and address any questions they may have. They've already offered a lot of great suggestions and I can't wait to talk with them in more detail."

McQuaid's AMA is scheduled for 1:00 pm Pacific Standard Time Wednesday, January 29th. The game design and Q&A session through the Rob and Dan Show airs tonight, Monday January 27th at 4:00 pm PST on Twtich.tv at twitch.tv/therobanddanshow.

For further information about Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen, please visit us on Kickstarter at kickstarter.com/projects/1588672538/pantheon-rise-of-the-fallen. For more information about Visionary Realms Inc., visit pantheonrotf.com.
More information.

I hope it works. After the first few days, they're around $250k out of $800k. Still like 23 days to go but we all know it's all about the first and the last few days where most of the money comes from. I hope they make it, I want it!

I am looking forward to this game, too. Everquest was my first mmorpg experience and it was amazing for it's time and I have many fond memories from that game.
I've complained for years about mmorpg's that do not allow dual shield use for tank type warriors. One may wonder, how would such a warrior attack? Shield bashing and kick attacks(Everquest was famous for it's kick attacks). Finally, this game has filled a void since they will have a class that will be allowed to dual wield shields(allowing dual one handed spear use is another void that needs to be filled). That reminds me, I had a friend who got to personally speak with a mmorpg developer many years ago and he asked at my request about adding dual shield use and dual one handed spear use, and the dev said something like, that's stupid, who would want to do that? No other game allows it so I don't see why we would either.
I like the 250 dollar tier where one can get a lifetime subscription price of 1 dollar per month. Looks like they are going to need to pull a rabbit out of their hat to reach their funding goal, though.

Back
Top Bottom