Obsidian Entertainment - Project X Teased

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Obsidian is teasing "Project X", with the main web page replaced with a snake insignia and the number "4", along with an uncredited quote.
Clicking through takes you to the Obsidian forums - specifically for "Project X Speculation & Discussion" It goes on to say "This is a forum for Obsidian's next RPG endeavor. So secret not even its project codename is yet being revealed. Speculate here...".
So, speculate away!
More information.

Well, if 4 is in any way referring to a fourth installment in a series then I can't think of anything besides Fallout or Dungeon Siege. However the teaser does not indicate it to be a new Fallout game and I don't think Dungeon Siege III did well enough to warrant a sequel.

[EDIT:] It appears that 4 is referring to number of days before something will be revealed.

Last edited:
“What do the words mean? Nothing. The Dirge of Eír Glanfath is sound without form, a lone voice crying out in mourning because it must.”
So, let the rumours begin. Sounds elvish.

Last edited:
A news announcement about a coming news announcement masquerading as a puzzle. I'm not biting.

Last edited:
I'd put a large sum of money down that it is a countdown timer to announce the Wheel of Time RPG they were scheduled to do previously, but that they put on hold. Just look at the serpent ring on this page for proof:
http://wot.wikia.com/wiki/Great_Serpent_ring
:)

I'm not a "huge" Robert Jordan fan, although I did read several of the novels and always felt they'd make a good RPG. I also suspect they are using the existing Onyx engine to create it.

I just hope it's not an MMO.

It is a counter, the site has changed to 3, with a new Text:
"The book unread is unwritten. The reason we don't explain it is the reason we use it. Its power is in its mystery. That is the Leaden Key, in part, in whole. Is it clear?"

"Digging for truth buries the seeker."

<!--. X . X X . T X -->
<!-- Two centuries ago, your divine champion told the people of Dyrwood to grovel at his feet. If you've come on pilgrimage to the blasted crater that was our reply, Godhammer Citadel is *that* way. -->

hmmm there is Esenath... curious if it is sth connected to: "Asenath ( /ˈæsɨnæθ/; Hebrew: אָסְנַת, Modern Asənat Tiberian ʼĀsənạṯ) or Asenith (in modern times sometimes transliterated as Osnat) is a figure in the Book of Genesis (41:45.50; 46,20), an Egyptian woman whom Pharaoh gave to Joseph son of Jacob to be his wife. The daughter of Potipherah, a priest of On, she bore Joseph two sons, Manasseh and Ephraim, who became the patriarchs of the Israelite tribes of Manasseh and Ephraim." tho even if it is.. it do not tell me anything xD

Hopefully an original IP.
Something inspired by celtic or norse mythology maybe.
Tir Na Nog RPG would rule :).

whatever. this hype is already ridiculous, and the game isn't even announced. I'm already starting to hate this game!

“What do the words mean? Nothing. The Dirge of Eír Glanfath is sound without form, a lone voice crying out in mourning because it must.”

So, let the rumours begin. Sounds elvish.

Sounds to me like :

"Woodruff and the Schnibble of Azimuth"

Also a good game. ^^

Yeah ;)

I hope they will return to their roots with this game rather then making half-baked console games like Dungeon Siege 3. I still have hope for IWD3.

I'm pretty sure it's a Sword of Truth RPG, based on the books of Terry Goodkind. Even in the Project X forum speculation, the first post I saw was a user name Zed - one of the main characters, and the last line mentions the Seeker, the hero of the series.

Not sure how I feel about this, honestly. I only read the first book.

Back
Top Bottom