Arcania - Preview @ Gaming Nexus

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Another (short) Arcania preview, this time at Gaming Nexus:
The two features they are incorporating is a new quest tracking window and a mini-map. Hard core fans can turn these things off if they want to but you’re going to have to be super hard core to not want these in the game. The other significant is the combat system as JoWood is adding a lock on system to the game. Again this is something you don’t have to use and you actually get a damage bonus for not using the system which should help wean people off the system as they learn the game mechanics.

Another big change is that the game is being developed for the PC as well as for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. During our demo the presenter used an Xbox 360 controller hooked to a PC to show the game so I don’t expect there to be much of an issue with the controls if you decide to go that route. Hardcore gamers will stick with the standard keyboard and mouse but the game is very playable with the controller.
More information.

Arcania: A Gothic Tale is set to ship this winter for the PC with the console versions hitting around the same time if not a bit later. I think the game is going to be a hit with the Oblivion crowd as the game looks fantastic and seems to play well and should appeal to the hardcore and casual RPG crowds.
Now I'm worried.

Now I'm worried.

That's a bit pessimsitc. I enjoyed Oblivion for what it had to offer and my favorite games are very old-school RPGs of the 80s and 90s.

Nope. East is east and west is west and never the twain shall meet.

Just kidding. Sort of...

Morrowind was entertaining for a while, but I'll jump on the Bethesda hate wagon lickedy-split!

Back
Top Bottom