Forum Bug Reports and Feature Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just add a question to the registration process, for example What is the opposite of cold? or are you a spam bot? this is an effective way to prevent registration as they ussually run automated sign up scripts....

We added two more anti-bot measures to the registration process, including a random RPG-related question, which should be trivial for people who know about or play RPGs.

Seems to be working out well so far. Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

Did the dark color scheme get killed? Dumped the cache, logged out and back in, and tried the button on all 3 tabs with no luck.

No problems with dark color scheme here on firefox 4 or ie 9. Logged in or logged off. Do you have any adblock or script blockers active?

Did the dark color scheme get killed? Dumped the cache, logged out and back in, and tried the button on all 3 tabs with no luck.
The Dark/Light functionality is independent of login data. It uses cookies, so if it's not working anymore, try deleting your cookies for RPGWatch. Also, JavaScript or scripts in general need to be enabled for rpgwatch.com, in case you are using NoScript or other script blockers. Hope this helps.

The 3 buttons to switch it weren't even selectable at home. Here at work, it's dark as usual today and the light/dark buttons are selectable as normal. I don't know of anything that changed on my home rig that would block those buttons, but I'll dig around some more when I get home. I just thought I'd check that you weren't tweaking the template before I went digging.

One of the GoG ads seems to be screwy. It's a Divine Divinity one, says bannerid=11 on mouse-over. There's an extra "http://" in the link address.

Thanks for seeing that :)
Fixed it.

The Calendar has been broken for me since January :-/

Apparently it is, we don't have the year 2010 in the calender. Have to look into this.

Has there been any thought about moving your Arx Fatalis content over here to RPGWatch? Thought I remembered at one time, it was mentioned that the Arx and Gothic contents back from the RPGDot days was actually your content and not the Dot's. It seems to be selling very well on GOG and with the release of the Source code, could be a nice add.

So just wondering since Arkane is busy atm and has two RPGs under there belt. Obviously their working on a new game, possibly two and not to mention they are probably handling combat for Skyrim.

If their games aren't popular enough for a forum maybe Arx could have a subforum or is it actually setup somewhere, it can be reach via a link?

Thanks for any update or reply. :)

We thought about moving our old content, or at least the useful parts of it, to a dedicated sub-site. We have at least a lot of stuff on Gothic, Arx and Ultima 9. It turned out we don't have enough staff for such a project, so we decided to concentrate on the news.

If one long-time forum member or a small group believes they could get ca. 50-100 articles slightly modified (RPGDot -> RPGWatch) and then layouted in our internal editor (pretty comfortable) feel free to talk to Dhruin or Myrthos. I estimate you would need ca. 20 minutes for a simple article when you're in the flow. The first few and complex stuff would take longer, of course.

5 people who commit to doing 5 articles per week could get it done quickly.

I can some spare time and could help but honestly not sure of anything you mentioned, n00b is a good word to describe me. When you say 'ca.' articles is this some webpage format or does this require special software such as Webpage editing?

I guess if there is a link to help me understand what needs to be done or what I need to learn, so I can help? I wouldn't want to bother you guys to explain it all too me if it's time consuming, I'm sure you have a busy schedules.

ca means about in simple terms. There are about 50-100 articles or something between those number. You're probable looking at near 50 man hours of work.

ca. is the abbreviation for circa.

Ok, I will send a PM to Dhruin or Myrthos. Never edited a webpage before but I've edited lots of other text type of documents, game files for mods and such.

Thanks for the infos Gorath and Corwin.

I was wondering if we could have a subforum for DAO and make the current listed one be for DA2? Just to sort the info to the most current game and all in one spot? Just an idea. :)

Great minds and all that, but I have already made a similar suggestion to the great powers that be!! :)

Just wondering if the calendar is going to be updated? I like tracking the BD's on it for one thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom