Age of Conan - Gold

woges

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
No more delays for AoC it seems.
The Most Savage, Sexy and Brutal MMO Ever Created Hits The Store Shelves Soon.
After four years of development co-publishers Funcom and Eidos are proud to announce that Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures has gone gold. One of the most highly anticipated MMO games in history is about to hit the store shelves, and the gates to the world of the mighty barbarian will soon be open to the millions of gamers around the world.
More information.

Woohoo !!!

I'm *really* interested in how the public response might be ...
... and if there will be any women playing it ... ;)

Only a month until the open beta starts! Hurray!

They often make gold masters 'before' an open beta in MMO's?
This just seems odd to me.. they are either damn sure of themselves or they don't care and are shipping this in whatever shape it's in.
I hope they're damn sure of themselves. :)

This just seems odd to me.. they are either damn sure of themselves or they don't care and are shipping this in whatever shape it's in.
I hope they're damn sure of themselves. :)

I was kidding mate, in one month the game goes live... I fear in the first few weeks the game will resemble an open beta - it's nothing unusual in the mmo genre.

I will also be waiting a month or two to avoid this.

We should organize to play on the same server, a EU server and a US server. If there is an interest in this we could open a thread in the MMORPG forum.

Is there anything official on how they are handling the servers?

Why do I get the feeling that the Crom server will be busy?

There's only this from the official website. Though those server types don't even seem definitive.

Is there more information on the net about this?

Edit: What Crom server?

Over on their forums there is a thread at the top of the general discussion that hints at possible names (the gods being a possibility). As Eidos are hosting the EU servers I have a funny feeling that EU won't be playing alongside the Americas. That's only a guess mind.

Let us pray:

Crom! I've never prayed to you before,
I have no tongue for it.
No one, not even you will remember,
if we were good men or bad,
why we fought, or why we died.
No, the only thing that matters is,
two stood against many, that's what's important,
and if valour pleases you Crom,
then grant me one request:
grant me revenge!

And if you do not listen ...
then to hell with you!

I hope they're damn sure of themselves.

MMO are different than single player games in that the Gold Masters they print contain only the static art assets that will not change with patches. Stuff like landscapes and cities.

I think you'll be patching day one without much doubt, but for Funcom this is the perfect time to release away from WAR and WotLK. Meaning less of a reason not to give the game a try. Whether those people stay with the game is another matter.

Funcom = Anarchy Online.

Anybody else buy AO the day it came out and try to play that piece of crap? It would be a huge stretch to even say AO was in beta status when they released it. Absolutely the buggiest laggiest mess of a game I've ever played (for at least the first 3 months when I finally just quit). Worse than SWG by far.

Oh, and their tech support number? Disconnected line. Also no email or forum support. It was almost like they knew thousands of people would be needing tech support so they just didn't have any available so they didn't have to deal with it.

So, screw Funcom. But I do hope this game turns out good...I'd love a good Conan game.

Funcom = Anarchy Online.

Anybody else buy AO the day it came out and try to play that piece of crap?

Yes... I was there. Safe to say that I'm still suffering from that experience today. I was beta testing the game and shortly before the release the beta forums were full of posts asking Funcom not to release yet, because the game very obviously wasn't ready.

I think AO in general was/is a good example for what happens if you do not listen to your player base. The game had huge potential, but Funcom somehow managed to screw it up so badly that even the most hardcore fans left after a while.

So yep, I'm kinda suspicous... but then again, there isn't much out there to look forward too at the moment or in the near future.

But also:

Funcom = The Longest Journey

I still cannot understand how a company that is able to make such milestones of adventure gaming can also make such imho crappy games like Anarchy Online and Age of Conan (AOC, which I dislike because of its brutality).

But also:

Funcom = The Longest Journey

I still cannot understand how a company that is able to make such milestones of adventure gaming can also make such imho crappy games like Anarchy Online and Age of Conan (AOC, which I dislike because of its brutality).

Money, I'd imagine...

Back
Top Bottom