Skyrim - Unlocks Midnight

I think I have 3 copies of Oblivion, maybe four. I'm terrible about misplacing cds(loaning out, etc), so I always get the steam edition too. Steam Skyrim will be vanilla. I'll also buy the dvd edition and mod the heck out of it, when the time comes :) I'll probably upgrade my psu/video card too for Skyrim.

Well, I just got a raise - and I just bought myself an ATI 6990 card :)

So, I think I'm getting the PC version afterall……

Well, I just got a raise - and I just bought myself an ATI 6990 card :)

So, I think I'm getting the PC version afterall……

You sure it'll be able to cope with dx9 graphics and console textures? ;)

Anyone attending a midnight release?

As in physically attending, ie waiting in line at Gamestop or whatever?

What's the point? While you're waiting in line to get checked out, people who pre-loading on Steam will be playing.

Also, since the Steam version supposedly unlocks at midnight Bethesda time (EST) last I heard, people on the west coast of the US will be able to get it at 9pm vs waiting until midnight at the store.

As in physically attending, ie waiting in line at Gamestop or whatever?

What's the point? While you're waiting in line to get checked out, people who pre-loading on Steam will be playing.

Also, since the Steam version supposedly unlocks at midnight Bethesda time (EST) last I heard, people on the west coast of the US will be able to get it at 9pm vs waiting until midnight at the store.

I don't own any consoles and I've only purchased games via Steam, GOG or Origin/EA overthe past 3 years. In this case, Steam pre-order, so I'm having a 9pm PST party in the comfort of my living room as well.

However, there is something exciting about the midnight release atmosphere that almost makes me wish I was buying a physical copy. Almost.

I understand multiple copies, I probably have 3 morrowinds, and all kinds of other games in multiples but it tends to be years later when theyre 5.00 on sale on some DL service. But full price?

I'm not one to say how anyone should spend their money, but wish i had that kinda disposable income!

Oops, not 3 or more full price. I'll probably buy two, but I've got cousins that will play it also, so I'll get good value out of it. I only bought one Oblivion at first, but I bought the 2nd as GOTY, the 3rd as Steam, and the 4th when I couldn't find the disk from the GOTY version. The 4th was cheap-ish.

I don't drink alcohol or smoke cigarettes, so I take all that extra dough and buy extra games :)

I never buy more than 1 copy. You guys scare sometimes you know.:sweatdrop:

I'd probably be shocked at what some of you spend money on too ;) I'm a dink (dual-income no kids), I've been working in the same field for 10+ years, own my house, etc. Buying two copies of a game for convenience' sake is an easy choice. I've given away extra copies of games here, and I've even bought a few folks here a game or two. Why not?

I'd probably be shocked at what some of you spend money on too ;) I'm a dink (dual-income no kids), I've been working in the same field for 10+ years, own my house, etc. Buying two copies of a game for convenience' sake is an easy choice. I've given away extra copies of games here, and I've even bought a few folks here a game or two. Why not?

Oh you men the hookers and booze I cant live without them.:biggrin:

There is nothing wrong with buying more than 1 copy but I never saw the point. The only time I ever did was if the original was lost or damaged. One reason why I love digital releases. No disks required and I can re-download it any time.

Oh, I agree couch. I make special allowances for Bethsoft because I'm a fanboi. I have two copies of a few of their games and two of The Witcher 1, but mostly one of the rest :) I'm a Steam guy though. I buy most stuff there now.

Pulled the trigger on the CE, just for the art book and making of video.

Pretty sure I can sell that dragon statue and the retail disc on eBay. (already pre-ordered on Steam)

I plan on purchasing one standard edition PC hard copy, and that's good enough for me. If I preferred digital download, I'd take that route instead.

I'll be getting it off Ebay as soon as I can get a new copy for 30-35 bucks, which for PC games is usually by the 3rd or 4th week after release. I probably won't actually start playing it until next year though.

Back
Top Bottom