The Broken Hourglass

Funny, just the other day I thought the exact same thing. Forgot to do any search on current status though. Think I'll at least check their website.

Funny, just the other day I thought the exact same thing. Forgot to do any search on current status though. Think I'll at least check their website.

Sadly there's nothing new there.
It would be shame if they canned it, I would really want to play decent infinity engine-like game.

Last time I checked (about a month ago?) Jason confirmed its still in development. Also awaiting for this game to be released eagerly.

I run by the site every so often, but it's pretty quiet. Thanks for keeping in touch with JC, purple. This one will be perfect for you when it finally makes it out. :)

Was going through concerned e-mails and realized I should post here as well. Still working. Typical litany of excuses exist. I swear that if it should come to pass that we don't finish, we'll just say so and not vanish or pretend it never happened.

Be nice to see an update at your site though!! :)

Was going through concerned e-mails and realized I should post here as well. Still working. Typical litany of excuses exist. I swear that if it should come to pass that we don't finish, we'll just say so and not vanish or pretend it never happened.

Thanks for the update and certainly hope you *do* finish.

Yes, good to hear from you. Please let us know when you get something we can put up for news. And good luck, it's a rough economy out there.

And good luck, it's a rough economy out there.

From the perspective of getting a game done, that's actually good news. As a freelance writer, the suckier things get, the less I have income sources which make it easier to say "Eh, that ball spell scripting can wait until tomorrow."

The Broken Hourglass is a new CRPG in development for Windows, Macintosh, and Linux computers. You become an ordinary citizen of Mal Nassrin, fading star of the Tolmiran Empire, with an extraordinary purpose. The city is under siege by some unexplained and unidentified magical force--no one may enter or leave, and the city's water supply has been reduced to a trickle. Caught in a devastating explosion which obliterates a large area of the city, you begin the game as a recuperating refugee caught up among an eager group of vigilantes and makeshift militiamen hoping to put the city to rights before complete chaos takes hold.

.......Gee, I don't think any of us knew that!!! What's your point?

BTW it's stil happening as far as I know. I bug Jason Compton once a while "are you guys there yet?" *poke*poke*

Still waiting for you to join our online group Purp!! :) We're playing DDO now, which is FREE.

Someone on ITS mentioned it was still alive and even nearing beta. Or completion.

So bloody annoying that they've stayed so quiet if they are working on it, even brief updates would keep the interest going.

I'll just leave my expression of interest towards this game here.

Jason confirmed that it's not near beta testing yet. He just said some other tests are being done. A bit disappointed :( Been so long!

Jason confirmed that it's not near beta testing yet. He just said some other tests are being done. A bit disappointed :( Been so long!

They are still cracking on though? Better than it dying entirely I guess.

As far as I know, they are still working on it.

His exact words:

We've been doing some internal critical path testing lately, which isn't the same as beta testing. (beta testing implies that the content is, for all intents and purposes, finished, and we're not there yet.)

Cool, at least they haven't gone and done something disgraceful like getting real jobs.

Back
Top Bottom