Eschalon: Book III - Officially Announced

Should actually center it, did for me at least.

If Thomas' next series has a party I might even play it! Gave up on Book I about half way through. Maybe he'll even make the leap to true turn-based...

I don't understand the beef here, I don't recall where but some one said they should focus on what they can do best, sure there are alot of games that would be better with different elements but that would mess it more like multiplayer or more characters to allow you next to play multiplayer.
And there is more replay value be playing a fire mage rather then one party of mages focused each on one element.

And I guess there is no point to argue to ppl such as screeg since they are liming themself and exclude games such as fallout,Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines,Deus Ex, the witcher and so on.

Last edited:
If Thomas' next series has a party I might even play it! Gave up on Book I about half way through. Maybe he'll even make the leap to true turn-based…

Um...it is turn based.

Just finished Book I; took about 30 hours all up, with a final character level of 15.
I found the gameplay a little repetitive and limited overall to be honest, but I still had alot of fun building my character and playing around with the alchemy system.

The game is certainly aesthetically pleasing and based upon the experience, I'll be sure to try out the demo for Book II at some point.

Books I isn't a top notch RPG and it has many flaws or half flaws, like a writing often not really good, good but not enough puzzles or secrets, many fights lacking of depth, and some more.

But it's a rather unique game that succeed gives a real time feeling to a turned based game, and that implements a soft Roguelike RPG. The point of Book 1 is survival, finding the numerous little tricks and discover the class system. On top of that it has a good exploration and cute graphics and a bit of everything at a fairly good quality. But survival+tricks+character management are the charm of the game.

Book 2 is a quite better game and almost everything is a bit better or better. But it fails on two points, too many elements remind too closely Book 1, and it fails reproduce the same mood of survival that has Book 1. Book 2 is quite better but it isn't as attaching than Book 1.

Back
Top Bottom