EA cancels Dead Space 4

The Dead Space franchise being cancelled is a rumor until no Dead Space games is announced in the next 2-3 years. Visceral Studio Montréal closing down is not a rumor despite the article saying it is and it's an insults to all those employees who just lost their jobs saying that it is.

I just said that the article was crap you know.

It's just business as usual. They wont be the first studio shut down and won't be the last. As for the rumor it's just another EA says one thing and clarifies it days later.

The Dead Space franchise being cancelled is a rumor until no Dead Space games is announced in the next 2-3 years. Visceral Studio Montréal closing down is not a rumor despite the article saying it is and it's an insults to all those employees who just lost their jobs saying that it is.

Dead Space 4 has obviously been cancelled. At least for now. Waiting 2-3 years to see if they announce another game isn't going to make it official.

Perhaps you missed the part where I said…

My only issue would be the author stating that they've "effectively axed the series" which seems premature.

However, I think we both know that it's highly unlikely for a company like EA to revisit a brand that failed to meet their expectations once before.

Regarding Visceral Montreal, did you even read the entire article? When the only information you have to go on is "A former Visceral Montreal employee claims to have told Game Informer that "the entire studio has been laid off", then yeah, it's a rumor. I somehow doubt any former Visceral employees are offended by that.

The Visceral Montreal thing was in the news 2 weeks ago.

Why would EA have to confirm? EA issued the statement you can find everywhere, which does not deny it. Layoffs in Montreal were confirmed, specifics not mentioned, the question about Visceral Montreal avoided. In combination with the articles and their updates that's enough to come to the conclusion that the studio has been closed. Otherwise somebody would have come with a denial by now, especially because Army of Two is being released now and EA would have every reason to avoid bad press.

Back
Top Bottom