QuestLord

QuestLord

Dungeon Crawler
Hi everyone! I have an RPG for mobile devices that is reaching the end of its development cycle. I think it's a pretty cool little dungeon crawler! You can check out some of the early videos of it at questlord.com.

Now keep in mind, this is an indie game and made just by myself. No huge team here. But the price will be nice (cheaper than a candy bar and cola!) and I think it will bring a lot of enjoyment and nostalgia for fans of 2.5d dungeon crawlers. In the last year I had an opportunity to spend a ton of time to make a game I wanted to play…so I took it. This is a huge labor of love that I am really pleased to soon be able to share with everyone.

The game is a single player(party of 1), and optimized for simplicity so that it is perfect for your mobile phone but it has a ton of depth to it. It will play on tablets too but I recommend the smaller sorts, like the Kindle, Nook, or iPad Mini.

Coming out really soon! So I created a sign up email and in the hopes of getting that moving I have a really cool contest. Your chance to have an NPC named after you or your gaming character. Whichever fits best. (This week only, not next week…going content complete soon) Plus some cool pixelated buttons/pins of the in-game icons, which really transcend any RPG and show your appreciation of cRPGs of old ! (they look great on a jacket!)

http://questlord.us6.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=53bafea3c1d44ee456e1c37f3&id=ec7e428ae4

ButtonPromo.2.jpg

thanks and take care!

Wow this looks awesome! I've signed up. Been wanting more games like this to show up on Android.

QL this looks really good. I like the attacking graphics, and the use of health bars bypasses the unscalable text problem on Androids.

Thanks guys!

Yea, I have builds for Android that have yet to be tested on 'actual' devices but that is being remedied this as I type this! *crosses fingers* Obviously I went for iOS first but Android has always been part of the plan and has been programmed to run exactly, on emulator at least.
unscalable text problem on Androids
Haven't encountered this yet, sounds like a possible disaster! lol.

I definitely will keep you guys updated on the Android builds!

Thanks guys!

Yea, I have builds for Android that have yet to be tested on 'actual' devices but that is being remedied this as I type this! *crosses fingers* Obviously I went for iOS first but Android has always been part of the plan and has been programmed to run exactly, on emulator at least. Haven't encountered this yet, sounds like a possible disaster! lol.

I definitely will keep you guys updated on the Android builds!

The trick is to have multiple styles that will change the views dynamically but you'll have to keep on eye on changes to the Activity - an onResume won't look at onCreate so you'll have to implement it in both places.

its annoying. I just picked up an app that was nearly unreadable yesterday and I realized they hadn't bothered.

I've yet to implement it on my own by here is the what every question on Stackoverflow on this will direct you to:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3241729/android-dynamically-change-style-at-runtime

Looks cool. Count me in for the android version.

The dramatic Carmina Burana music combined with the cheap ass graphics was amazing. Two thumbs up

Awesome guys! I definitely appreciate the support. As a mobile game I am not going to see much of a return on this considering how the race to the bottom of App prices will keep it a such a low price. I know it will not have everything PC/MAC dungeon crawlers have. But I guarantee it will have a lot of bang for your cRPG loving bucks!

The dramatic Carmina Burana music combined with the cheap ass graphics was amazing. Two thumbs up

HaHa. Thanks man! :D

I am definitely not going for Skyrim graphics on an Android/iPhone. If I could pull those kind of graphics out my notebook of things I can do… well I still wouldn't.(not on this project at least) I wanted to invoke the feeling that somehow this crawled out of the 80's onto your phone in an over the top Carmina Burana sort of way. :D I am so glad you got a kick out of that!

Looks pretty cool, I need a decent android rpg to keep me sane on the daily commute! Signed up to the mailing list...

QuestLord is OUT!

Hope you like my $1.99 game! I spent a lot of time on it, and I modled it after the Ultima 3 dungeons, and expansive terrain and npcs like Ultima 3, with textures of Eye of the Holder.

I think it is pretty fun! And I have a ton of fans already and really good reception.

I did a lot of things different and not standard from dungeon crawling 'convention'. So you might want to read the 'How To'. Should provide a good 16-22 hours of gameplay. (Now how can you beat that price?!)

So dig in!

iOS (Apple iPhone, iPad, etc)

GooglePlay Market (Most Android phones and things)

Amazon Kindle-Fire (Download here if Kindle-Fire)

Thanks to all of you at RPG Watch for giving me that mid-development encouragement I needed to keep going when I wondered in here late last October. Seriously. It really helped me out. You guys are so awesome.

Just grabbed it, playing with it on my Galaxy S2-X atm, working just fine :) Looking good so far but can't comment much more than that as I am only about 20 minutes in .

Yep I've bought it as well - congrats on the release! Haven't had a lot of time to really dig into it yet but so far I've enjoyed it.

So going to buy this when I recharge my ipad2:p

Just wanted to let you know I bought it...what a fun game!

I picked it up but I have to say that I cannot stand needing to swipe to attack. Why do I need to raise or lower the shield? If I have it equipped shouldn't it work automatically.

Being about to move sideways would be useful also.

I haven't played it much due to the above stuff annoying me.

Back
Top Bottom