The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

Servers up again. I downloaded it and checked guild chest for the robes. They were finally back so the hotfix did what it was supposed to do. :)

There is another bug regarding game chat. Quite often when you click in the chat area to type you will swing your weapon instead. Quite annoying.

Hitting Enter should activate the text field in chat. That's usually what I use. Logging in now. If you haven't done so, make sure to update. Between the Update itself and the hotfix, it's a long one. Download itself didn't take long, but it took awhile to install.

As Az said, a long installl. They pooched the gift boxes. If you had one you may still have it, but anyone who logged in after hotfix did not get one. They are working on it and will let everyone know when available. You should not have to do anything they said.

Logged in on my Sorc and no issues I could find. But then she doesn't have a ton of named or crafted items. ;) Will try and run a few tomorrow during the day and see if they messed up anything else.

We finally managed to get Corwin's ranger (Reywind) up to level 20. So now Corwin has a toon to join us in King's Forest. Next on the list is Cm's cleric (Kerriakan) and Dte's barbarian (Klubbir) up to 20. Then we will have a full level 20 group for epic stuff so we can TR our highest level toons (level 23-25).

Klubbir is a garbage toon, Peter—I wanted to dabble with warforged and I wanted to see what Phuury missed by not building to rage (for the record, neither has impressed me much). I really wouldn't make plans around her. It's going to take a lot of running to get her eligible for Eveningstar anyway—while she's just a bit shy of lvl18 now, she hasn't done many high level quests, including needing the entire bridge series (Webspinner, or whatever it's actually called). I wouldn't mind getting her thru the Vale/Shroud some day so she can build a GS item or two, but even that isn't really a big deal. For that matter, if Klubbir did get to lvl20, I'd probably jump her to the top of my TR list just to get out of her current build since I've got no driving need to escape Bot and Phuury.

I've got Bot and Phuury both at 23 and I'll only be TRing one of them so the other will be available for epic stuff. That might entail repeating quests with them, but I don't really care about that. As I've said before, the whole epic destiny thing has yet to excite me, so I don't have any specific goals/plans for those toons. For now, their purpose in life is to help other guildies that DO have epic goals/plans (and the occasional bit of Shroud farming).

I don't really care what we choose to run tonight. If enough folks need Shroud flags, I wouldn't mind pushing Klubbir thru. If it's just me needing that, I'd prefer not to drag everyone else thru it and I'm perfectly fine with getting a good taste of epic GH on either Bot or Phuury (depending on what the party needs).

My current plans with my level 22 &20 are to run the Wiz in GH and the AA in the forest. I'll TR my Wiz at 25 if he ever gets that high. Might keep the AA for Epic as I really like the build. My Wiz is a first lifer so needs the TR even if back into a Wiz which is my most likely option!!

I would prefer to wait on doing a TR on either of mine. I have not given it any thought and really need to before I do any picking. We could run our epics. I wouldn't mind that. But anything is fine. Lets chat it on skype in a bit and decide then.

Interesting bugs I've noticed:

The 3 new GH flags (Madstone, Prison, Cabal) don't show up in the compendium at all. If you've run them, you've lost the Argo favor from them, although the Draconic Vitality feat (+10hp) hasn't been taken away.

There's a new level 16 wilderness area called "Coming Soon".

"Welcome to Coming Soon, an new area located not far away from the Kingdom of Far Far Away."

:lol: Good one Alrik!

They're at it again.

Turbine has announced that the second DDO expansion, the Shadowfell Conspiracy, is coming, presumably in June like MotU/U14, and will be set in (guess it) the Forgotten Realms. Along with it comes a third tier of Veteran status; level 15 (maybe even starting in FR?) , and a level cap increase to 28 (?).

There's also a hint that TRing will get a look-over as well as possibly the enhancement revamp.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/02/26/turbine-announces-shadowfell-conspiracy-expansion-for-ddo/

*Edit*

Two new explorer areas noted, the level 16 one is Wheloon, and a level 25 one; the Stormhorn Mountains.

The Iconic Heroes level 15 start is for FR-born characters, who will have FR-based racial and class enhancements.

Looks like Turbine is intent on abandoning Eberron for good. I might save a slot or two myself just to try out the FR-specific enhancements, but I'm not too concerned about it.

I'm more interested in the TR look-over. Seems to me fewer people are TRing, with many pointing at the grind as a reason. But who knows what Turbine will do.

Last edited:
What I like is that there's more new stuff coming. We won't have to simply re-run the same old same old. This should keep the game fresh.

Here's the official "open letter" : http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=409828

A quote from there :

There’s a lot more to talk about, and my heart races as I am selectively sharing just hints of what we already have in development!

This "my heart races" would be thought to be "silly" in German communications. No-one uses formulations like that, only entertainers. In German language, press releases and even open letters don't sound that theatralic at all.
Any theatralic language is of of entertainment or of literature/theatre/drama, not of serious business here.

Using "I'm excited" instead would still have sounded a bit "silly" in German readers ears, but still not that silly.

Emotions are in Germany not at all parts of business communication.

The level15 start is such a waste. You're skipping past 80% of the content of the game. For what? If all you're looking for is level20 (or level25), 99% of the people that will have the iconic hero thing will already have capped toons to play and they're much less likely to start a first lifer than TR. Sounds to me like (as I've mentioned before when Vet2 came out) Turbine has determined that they make the most money from capped players so they're fast-tracking everyone to that point. It's more efficient to sell TR hearts than to create new content.

As for the reduction in TRs, I figure that you've got a significant portion of players doing the same thing as Peter- grinding epic destinies. Once they accomplish that, they'll be right back into the TR cycle. Based on Peter's progress, it takes a buttload of grind to open everything and get ranks in the "good ones". I don't see the TR system being broken so much as temporarily delayed.

I only hope that these newly hired guys won't do the wrong decisions.

I would never want to vet status up to 15. Even 7 seems wrong to me. 4 lets me get through Korthos and those first few solo quests faster and grab the favor by running them on elite then start the game running all on elite. You level so fast in those first few it just is not hard and you get some starter gear to use for a while.

Oh well, we will see what they do and how. I am with you Alrik, just hope they don't break stuff.

Back
Top Bottom