RPGWatch should have a console RPG section.

Plus, the arrogance and hubris shown by just a small handful of the regular posters here lends itself to a jolly ol' laugh after a tough day.

I like my hybris. I think I should give it a pet name one day.

And the consoles aren't?

I still don't own a console, I'm sorry.

So I can only judge from what I see for the PC platsom, subjectively, of course.

they ever fix that sticky accelerator problem?

--

I think we should have a Phone/Tablet gaming section because we get a lot of coverage of those from volunteers - they kind of dominate the IndieRPG section right now.

One guys tells us everything we are not interested about the next game changing iPhone RPG - a news site could make it. I could even see Mike being lead mod on it because he's so into handhelds.

You would even argue that Tablet gaming seems to be taking over from Console gaming.

But this has been brought up before.

We almost get as much coverage of Kickstarters even without any RPG projects being completed yet.

Why do we need different sections for different platforms?

If an interesting RPG is launching, whether for a tablet or PC, etc., if it is newsworthy it usually gets some coverage here.

I want RPGWatch to cover japanese-made RPG's that would be attractive by someone who enjoy "western-rpg's". I consider Final Fantasy XII to be a good example of a game that is very similar to western roleplaying games, have a very western storyline and frankly have more "classic" western rpg than the recent offerings from producers like Bioware.

I think the watch should have sections for table top games, board games, dice games and every version of UNO, yathzee and skipbo.

I agree, and whoever wants those sections can set them up and manage them. That includes all news postings for them as well as taking care of any forums!! :)

It makes little sense to have console RPG's as an alternate section, unless it's exclusively used for Bioware games so you may skip their latest rant on how RPG's must (de)evolve into cover-based shooters and how RPG's are dead.

Interestingly there have been a few articles on iPad published on the regular section which is pretty much a console as far as I concern.

I still don't own a console, I'm sorry.

So I can only judge from what I see for the PC platsom, subjectively, of course.

Actually, Alrik, I didn't have you in mind as being arrogant or exhibiting hubris. If that makes you feel left out, I can revise my opinion of you, if you'd like. :lol:

The news here being western-only and (generally) PC-only is quite likely the #1 reason that many of us choose to make this site our main destination for RPG news…

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom