Puzzle Quest 2 - Steam Release Next Week

I've been playing the Xbox360 demo version. It can be fun, but it's stripped of the larger macro-gameplay elements of it's predecessor. Instead, you'll be focusing more on the development and equipment of your character this time around, with a default attack move coming into play upon matching the new "fist" icons. Gone are the stars and coins in the puzzle grid, a match I never made anyway unless I had nothing else. Also, the environments are much smaller, exploration of dungeons and such.

Like I said, it's a fun game, and it can be addictive, but it definitely feels like a stripped down version of the original. Even the art direction and graphics are lackluster and feel half baked. The original had quality artwork and a nice style and a charm about it that this iteration does not. I'll be waiting til it goes on sale

Like I said, it's a fun game, and it can be addictive, but it definitely feels like a stripped down version of the original. Even the art direction and graphics are lackluster and feel half baked. The original had quality artwork and a nice style and a charm about it that this iteration does not. I'll be waiting til it goes on sale

I have the exact opposite opinion of the graphics. While the first game used an odd mashup of anime and generic fantasy, PQ2 has a consistent style and beautiful artwork.

Is there a PC demo version ?

Looking forward to the PC version. :) The resultant sleep deprivation not so much, though, hehe.

By the way, they are doing some soundtrack promotion on Facebook where you can listen to a few tracks. Even works without having an account.

IMHO it feels like PQ2 is PQ1 and vice-versa. Still fun though

Back
Top Bottom