The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

Hm, I thought the owner of the stone gets the pet ?

Anyway, I fear that they might be doing it because their Expansion sales are … perhaps considered as not sufficient, not huigh enough for them.

But the far goal is relatively clear : To get more people up to the appropriate levels to allow them to play and then of course buy the Expansion … Assuming that many people just didn't buy it, because their toons weren't in the appropriate levels yet (like me, for example) …

We have reached the 2500 posts boundary of this thread. ;)

Next come the additional 2500. ;)

I don't quite know/understand what happened, but people have opened up *several* threads concerning being stoned.

The verb "ninja-stoning" has evolved.

One issue appears to be levelling to level 16 despite pressing "no" from the "stoning dialog box".

Example : http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=376417

Refusing the Stone *could* be bugged, as far as I understood it.

That's why some people even say right now not to enter the game with characters from level 8 on.

Edit : Found 2 of the cutest guild names yesterday, I remember :

"We dance we sing we steal"
"The Order of the Dancing Unicorn"

Last edited:
Small update out there as of just now.

Last edited:
I just logged in and picked up 5 level 16 stones. Anyone who wants one let me know.

This is highly interesting ! This is a short developer article regarding "Combat Changes in Menace of the Underdark" : Recommended for reading to everyone ! : http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=376703

Edit : A thread about Lamannia release notes : http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=376779
I'm not directly linking to the release notes because I don't want to spoil anyone. :biggrin: ;)
(I haven't read it myself this far, by the way. ;) )
Because the list seems to be *huge* !

Last edited:
The release notes are actually worth reading by everyone.

"Unleash Iron Defender" ???

First Star Wars The Force Unleashed, then Sonic Unleashed, now Iron Defender Unleashed ? This over-use of this word begins to go on my nerves …

Iron Defenders modules have been converted to "collars". All class pets (artificer dogs, druid wolves, etc), now use "collars" to obtain extra gear-based abilities. Note that currently, only Iron Defenders are capable of utilizing breath weapon collars. All existing modules have been renamed "collars".

Interesting. Is this going to be a general overhaul of all summoned pets ?

Will "cosmetic pets" become useful at one point ?

Changes have been made to the way that Poisons and Diseases behave in the game to be more inline with D&D rules

Many parts of the UI have been updated or refreshed to be more D&D-setting-neutral, rather than Eberron or Forgotten Realms specific.
[…]
The DDO game name and basic logo has been updated to be more friendly to multiple D&D universes. We're now "Dungeons & Dragons Online" with a new logo to match!
[…]
The game menu is now located in the lower left of the screen. Click the DDO dragon ampersand (&) to pull up the menu. You may shrink the menu to icon-only by clicking the eye symbol.
It is now possible to save your UI layout/options between different characters, accounts, computers, and monitor resolutions!

Escape Key closing for windows now closes all panel windows when pressed.

An all new orchestral music score has been added to DDO!

And indeed : Greensteel can now be deconstructed (read the rumor several days ago). The crafting will look more like Canniith Crafting, I guess.

Docents can no longer generate with race restrictions, because that would be silly.

Corrected spelling errors in the Xoriat Insanity Sword's description… it's not THAT crazy.

Avast! The denizens of Three-Barrel Cove now be holdin unique treasure fer intrepid level 4 - 6 land lubbers to find. Track ye down eighteen new items in both the adventure area and from quest rewards.

Arrow trails have returned to following arrows. Rumor has it they were following the Grateful Dead for a while.

House Cannith has done some remodeling on the Cannith & Kundarak Crafting Hall doors so that they no longer blind patrons with the light of a thousand burning Fireballs.

;)

New varieties of trees and grasses have arrived to DDO. These plants are native to the Forgotten Realms. The Druidic Gatekeepers ask that adventurers returning from the Realms not bring back plant cuttings so as not to disrupt the fragile Xen'drik jungle ecosystem with potentially invasive species of wild plants.

This is an serious issue in real life, too !

New pets : http://www.ddo.com/us/ddostorelimitedrelease
New DDO store sale : http://www.ddo.com/us/ddostoresale

New free item of the week : 1 "excellent experience elixir" (EEE), Coupon Code : EEE635

Edit : Not uninteresting read : On playing a role in an MMO and the gender … Especially post #18 is funny ! ;)
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=376898
If you have too much time, then I can recommend reading it, because it's in the parts of female players writing about them playing male characters quite a funny read (like post #18 !) ;)

Last edited:
That's a huge list of changes. Will be interesting to see how they actually affect the game. Overall, it looks like armor will have more value than previously. Given that we've had a few arguments over this one, I thought I'd copy it here:

In the Forgotten Realms, every third completion of a quest chain will now provide a reward list with a 50% chance for each item that could have normally appeared in that list to appear. Completions which are not the third or a subsequent multiple of three have a 25% chance for those items to appear.

Last edited:
We're getting a bit top heavy in the guild now. 16 level 20's now hang around the ship, with two level 19's coming up fairly fast. On top of that, we have several in the 15-17 range, many of which are first-life characters that will advance very quickly.

Well, Ambrer made 20 yesterday when Jo, Az and I ran Lord of Dust (Elite) and had an excellent drop rate. We even managed all the optionals this time. :)

I was paying Gianthold a visit Friday night.

It's MASSIVE.

And kind of creepy. But differently creepy.

Gianthold looks to me like ... a Fallout. Some EXTREMELY powerful magic had ggone loose - and kind of "frosted" everything in that area into crystals ... The smaller ones of Elves, Men and of all other creatures have surely long been eroded during these ... millennia ? - But the Dragons and the Giants stayed, albeit removed of their individuality.

Gianthold is like a Fallout setting to me. Something's gone wrong. "Epic" gone wrong.

And the Giants there are just ... different. I bet the folks there withi Stormreach don't even know they exist ! - I assume that they believe Brawnpits is actually an intellectuial height of the hill giants, and even the Phiarlan illusionary "museum"lists only a fire giant ... They all don't know of the *real* Giants out there ...

All in all, it was impressive. And I had 2 rare encounters there.

Yesterday I finally did "Into The Deep" of the Red Fens with my Level 16 ranger.
I think I used up 4 hours for that.

My first run was kind of successful, until I died in the Demon Pit, and my hireling too. With that, I had lost one complete hour.

I decided to get it done, kind of a speed run, because I already did know the mines at that point, and re-entered as fast as I could. According to Murphy's Law, the quest wasn't active anymore when I stood before its entrance. But I entered.

My new hireling (the other's contract had run out) was a level 15 or 16 hireling i had originally bought for Gianthold. She did her part very well.

This time I didn't die, because I knew the drill. Destroy the little portals as soon as possible ! - With this tactic it was finally manageable, although it was still awesome slow to get the demon down.

And THEN I did the other quests !

Only much, much later - after completing the last main uest - I learned that the Demon Pit should have been the last part in the story ... Oh, my. Originally, I had expected to find one of the palace's water elementals to be there, not in the Royal Temple ...

I now have the Siren's Set.

I'm not going to do it again within the next days.

If it makes you feel better Alrik, none of the rest of us EVER does the Pit!! :) GH is a great area for XP. Some of the quests there are excellent, while some are simply tedious. The XP for them though is HUGE.

Thank you. ;)

For a well-organized group, this pit is I think easy to do - you just need real team work :

- 1-2 people take out the mini-portal as soon as they arrive !
- 1-2 people take out the renders as soon as they arrive !
- the rest takes out the huge demon
- plus 1 healer, it's really necessary

Important : 1 person MUST be assigned/designated to take out the portals at all costs ! the rest can easily jump between taking out the renders (they are much, much more easily to take out than the demon itself) and taking out the demon. But 1 person must be assigned to destroying the portals !

This would be 4 people minimum. 6 people would be much, much better, and 8 people is best, everything above that is excellent.

The pit is like a mini-raid. Really, it imho is. You fare best if you apply raid strategies to the demon !

Which brings me to the point I *really* do not understand . why all of these missions are embedded within 1 big mission - and why they are not separate.

Especially the "mini raid" against this huge demon.

And it was hard even for me ! - Level 16 Ranger + level 15 Cleric ! - With 1 summoned "Young Razor Cat", though (which works very well in the Vale, too, as I found out just yesterday : It can even trip down these spider beings ! (The adult Razor Cat has "Improved Trip" , I don't know if the Ranger's summoned Young Razor Cat has it, too.)

What do you think ? Should I buy the Favoured Soul ?
I already bought the Artificer.

I couldn't keep myself away from buying a Render pet pack … ;) However, if someone of you wants a "Junior Flesh Render", then I'm willing to sell it for a few thousand plat … Not much, really - I had thought of the range between 2000-5000, but I really have not much of an idea of what to charge for it.
The prices in the Auction House are really high, but this is something for the guild.
Therefore I charge much, much less for it.

Current news :

Get +30% XP, now through June 17th!

The current discount is around healing and replenish magic stuff : http://www.ddo.com/us/ddostoresale

New free item of the week : It's a … Box of Chocolate ! Coupon Code : LHP25

I greatly enjoyed playing mine, though it's not a class thats easy for a beginner. I'd recommend playing a Cleric first, as they share the same spell list. If you go for offensive casting, you max Wisdom, and you need a total of 19 Charisma, tomes and items and ship buffs included, to cast level 9 spells. I went melee on mine, dumped Wisdom completely, and maxed Strength.

Ah, okay, thank you. I finally bought the class, by the way.

Since I've got only 4 char lots and 3 are there already, I think I'm going to create a Favoured Soul within the next days or weeks.

I will have to look at what's important regarding spellcasting, and even more importantly, what kind of role I'm going to/want to play.

I won't be online much this weekend, since there is lots of work in the family and tomorrow I'll meet my pen & paper group again.

Back
Top Bottom