Good Old Games - CDPR Giving Away a "Legendary" Game Thursday

Dhruin

SasqWatch
From Eurogamer:
CD Projekt Red will give away a "legendary" PC RPG for free on GOG.com this Thursday, 5th April, Eurogamer can reveal.
The giveaway coincides with CD Projekt's Spring Conference, which is being streamed live at 5pm GMT (presumably 6pm BST).
Note that giveaway has nothing to do with the "extraordinary" conference announcement CD Projekt has been teasing.
Free copy of The Witcher?
More information.

Free Legend of Grimrock pre-order?

Since Good Old Games is not for just old games anymore, maybe they're not for good games either… I bet they're giving away not a legendary game, but the Legendary game. :D

Since Good Old Games is not for just old games anymore, maybe they're not for good games either… I bet they're giving away not a legendary game, but the Legendary game. :D

That would be funny, but Legendary is a FPS not a RPG.

Most likely it'll be Ultima 4, or Betrayal at Krondor or some such - ie. legendary as in "really really old" (but still good) and probably previously available as freeware. Fingers crossed it will be something that hasn't been released for free previously, but given how protective most companies are about their IP, it seems somewhat optimistic. Hope I'm proved wrong!

Ultima 4 is already free on GOG, so it won't be that.

They've had ToEE (if you bought other D&D games) and Divine Divinity as freebies, so while I would not expect it to be something real new, it may be relatively modern.

I have already a boxed TW1 EE, but to grab another one as digital download? Sure, why not.

However I doubt it's The Witcher. SAs mentioned, it could easily be Betrayal/Krondor as it's definetly a legendary game.

King's Bounty: The Legend?

1c have an exandalone KB game coming out 'Spring 2012', maybe they want to sell it on GOG and want maximum exposure. KBTL has also been on sale fairly regularly for less than $2 so I imagine anyone who was going to buy it for proper monies already has. And the name certainly fits.

Witcher seems more likely overall though, even if it did sell 400k last year, given the forthcoming TW2 upgrade.

Note that giveaway has nothing to do with the "extraordinary" conference announcement CD Projekt has been teasing.
If I hadn't read this line, I'd say they have secured the rights for that legendary game and are making a sequel for it. But as they've made it clear, this legendary game has nothing to do with the extraordinary announcement, sigh.

I have 90% of all GOG-games already, but I signed up today - just out of sympathy :)

Actually I was a bit disappointed with the announcements. I expected a complete NWN2 edition in Gog with all its expansions because of their surprise to the RPG fans. Installing the main game and two expansion from the disc, then MoW from the internet and finally running the patcher to make the game uptodate is a real pain. There're some digital complete versions, but I don't want any kind of DRM or client in my 6 years old game.

Giving a backup copy to the boxed version owners really clever move from Cd Projekt and gog, and will spread announce gog.com brand to the masses.

Back
Top Bottom