RPGWatch Feature: Most Anticipated for 2010 Results

I get the happiness with age of decadances combat system, however, it is just a recycled fallout combat engine…
In what ways, other than both systems being turn-based and AP-based? Would you call Silent Storm combat system recycled Fallout combat as well? I suppose that all RTwP games are recycled BG combat engine.

I'd also like to use this opportunity to thank RPG Watch patrons for trying the demo and voting for AoD. Much appreciated.

I get the happiness with age of decadances combat system, however, it is just a recycled fallout combat engine…I want to see the rest of the game to see really how much is there.

Of course Mass Effect 2 is just a recycled Gears of War ... Fallout 3 is a Quake clone ... ;)

Voter fraud!!!! ;)

Dangling chads all over again ...

2000-florida-recount01b.jpg

The three rpgs I am most anticipating in order are: Two Worlds 2, then Arcania, and Eschalon book 2.

I have no interest in Age of Decadence at all.

The three rpgs I am most anticipating in order are: Two Worlds 2, then Arcania, and Eschalon book 2.

I have no interest in Age of Decadence at all.

Why is that? I can't say it's my cup of tea, but my reason is simple; I prefer to play mages or something equivalent in an rpg and AoD doesn't cater to my tastes. However, I still might end up getting it if the reviews impress me since I've enjoyed a few games that don't really have magic as a component such as the Fallouts!!

Well, I poked around the Age of Decadence site before when hearing about the game and it feels like an amateurish production. Don't get me wrong, its great that these independent rpgs are being made but this one just doesn't appeal to me. Maybe if I hear the game is a relative success and didn't have a ton of bugs when its released then I could become interested in their next production.

And you are a fan of Eschalon? o.o

I played the demo, but didn't buy the game mainly because the resolution didn't go high enough (it was limited to 800 x 600). This is being increased in book 2. The demo impressed me and felt like it was done by a professional.

Eschalon, although done by an independent developer, has a professional atmosphere to it. The developer just impresses me highly, both on his website and his interviews and interactions on his forum. In fact, if I was a rich dude, this is the kind of developer I would back with investment in his company. But as I said before, this was not the case with Age of Decadence when I checked out the website and forums.

I played the demo, but didn't buy the game mainly because the resolution didn't go high enough (it was limited to 800 x 600). This is being increased in book 2. The demo impressed me and felt like it was done by a professional.

Eschalon, although done by an independent developer, has a professional atmosphere to it. The developer just impresses me highly, both on his website and his interviews and interactions on his forum. In fact, if I was a rich dude, this is the kind of developer I would back with investment in his company. But as I said before, this was not the case with Age of Decadence when I checked out the website and forums.
While they still owe the ultimate proof (actually releasing a good game) I would say (as someone who followed the game fairly closely) they have become more professional over the years. However AoD IS, in many ways, an enthusiast project - most or all of the makers have, afaik, day jobs and this is their first game project. And of course vince's (vault dweller on the codex) aggressive passion when talking about RPGs is legendary and may not seem professional compared to the softer tones used by other developers - but it also leads to very interesting discussions, every now and then :)

In what ways, other than both systems being turn-based and AP-based? Would you call Silent Storm combat system recycled Fallout combat as well? I suppose that all RTwP games are recycled BG combat engine.

I'd also like to use this opportunity to thank RPG Watch patrons for trying the demo and voting for AoD. Much appreciated.

Looking forward to its release.

While they still owe the ultimate proof (actually releasing a good game) I would say (as someone who followed the game fairly closely) they have become more professional over the years.
I resent your accusations!

Getting anything approaching an actual game of CRPG complexity out the door, as an indie team, is reason enough to be impressed.

But I gotta look at the game itself in a bubble, if I'm to speak about its quality.

Back
Top Bottom