Skyrim - Creation Kit Tuesday

Someone on the Bethesda forums found that Bethesda has submitted a high res texture pack to Steam so that is what many people think is the surprise.

Sounds like a pretty good surprise!

This is how you support your community. So I'm also glad to support Benthesa as they actually seem to value their modding community and pc-audience unlike some other well known developer.

I'd prefer an expansion tbh, and one that's is much harder than Skyrim was. After almost 3 months, I was hoping we'd have some more content by now.

-Carn

I'd prefer an expansion tbh, and one that's is much harder than Skyrim was. After almost 3 months, I was hoping we'd have some more content by now.

-Carn

Well I mean yeah they got Operation Anchorage out in 3 months or so but they did say they wanted to focus on patching first and the Creation Kit before doing DLC that was more in the range of somewhere between Hilbilly Swampland and Vibrating Archipelago. I think that's a good rule of thumb for them to shoot for substantive and coherent DLC/expansions. Also it does seem like patching has been given more of their resources than it was in past games - that will probably mean the first DLC will come a little later than it would have if they had worked with a Fallout 3 style patch schedule.

With their larger staff you might still have to wait another couple of moths (couple+1 for PC and PS3 users) for a nice big juicy slice of somewhere Solthseimy or Redguardish or maybe even somewhere Else?

Texture pack is teh win. Better texturing and interface changes are nearly always high on mod users' lists.

If they are going for something the size of a full expansion then it usually takes at least 6 months to a year and since they already said they were going for something bigger then it is likely more of a full expansion then.

high texture pack made by bethesda ! Wow , thats how you do it :)

-Carn

There will be far more content with mods(including free expansions) than Beth will ever create, hell in a few years there will probably be a few new open world rpg's because of the mod kit like Nerhim, free games just because I own another, cool beans.

I wish more company's were as pc friendly as Beth, I am looking forward very much to KoA:Reckoning but its sad to see how little care the pc version got, there is not even a draw distance option! As far as the end user is concerned its a console port.

Someone on the Bethesda forums found that Bethesda has submitted a high res texture pack to Steam so that is what many people think is the surprise.
I remember Tod Howard talking about increasing game quality with upcoming content… so he was talking about this.

===EDIT===
OK, I'm not sure how this happened but VBulletin got the two user names mingled, somehow.
I quoted guenthar but Dhruin appeared in my post!

Back
Top Bottom