RPGWatch - Game of the Year 2011 Awards

This years selection of Indies's is amazing, so many choices for Indie RPGs coming up, it was a touch call for my second choice.

Yep, Dead State, AoD, Frayed Knights 2, Eschallon book 3.

The only sure thing is that Dead State is in the Top of my list for indies (edit: )this year.
I voted FK2 as second, even though RampantCoyote cast a doubt as to whether it
is actually coming. That is another thing really: Lets see how many do actually come out this year…

P.S And I will not start another discussion of what came out what year just because Avernum is already out on the Mac ;) (I was thinking of getting it this Christmas but then realized it will probably be months before I get around on playing it).

Last edited:
The only sure thing is that Dead State is in the Top of my list for indies next year.

You meant this year, right?

It's a toss-up between Dead State and Legend of Grimrock for me. I just hope Dead State actually gets released this year.

I've just about given up on Age of Decadence. Seems like it's been in development forever..

Best of 2012 for me:
Skyrim
Avadon

Most looking forward to:
Mass Effect 3
Avernum Escape from the Pit
Eschalon Book 3

You meant this year, right?

It's a toss-up between Dead State and Legend of Grimrock for me. I just hope Dead State actually gets released this year.

I've just about given up on Age of Decadence. Seems like it's been in development forever..

Don't mind me, just old age creeping in :-/

Legend of Grimrock does look interesting, but I get the impression it is a bit lite on the rpg part. Haven't looked into it after the first couple of initial newsbits though and it might be a fun (and very good looking) Dungeon crawler anyway so I'll probably start paying attention again closer to release…

Last edited:
The poll could use a bit more built-in intelligence. It is for example no problem to vote for the same game twice as no. 1 and no. 2 (yes I tried that earlier today when I was bored at work ;) ). The poll should return something like "Sorry but you have already voted for that game as your no. 1 choice - please select a different game or 'none' ".

Then again at the start of the poll the following is stated:
Note that selecting the same game twice (for both 1st and 2nd place) invalidates your entire vote.

Your votes are filtered out when processing the results.

Whats wrong with this list? You only have 1, maybe 2 actual RPG's here.

Then again at the start of the poll the following is stated:

Your votes are filtered out when processing the results.

Aaaah... RAEDING IS TEH HARD!!!111 :biggrin:

Seriously. Thanks for the pointer :) .

OK, I think I've caught up with my games enough to vote in the 2010 Game of the Year awards. Unfortunately, I'm only up to Witcher 2 in 2011. Can you please leave the poll open for, say, eight months? ;)

OK, I think I've caught up with my games enough to vote in the 2010 Game of the Year awards. Unfortunately, I'm only up to Witcher 2 in 2011. Can you please leave the poll open for, say, eight months? ;)
I didnt play any of the games on the list yet :s Skyrim is the first on my list, then Deux EX: HR, then the witcher 2 (if it comes out on the ps3) for 2012. I'll give my vote in 10 month or so.

But, looking forward to Risen 2 the most

Edit: Ah, but I did play DKS. So that would be my top pick if it was on the list :)

Skyrim was my best by a large margin.

Looking forward to Eschalon 2 and kingdoms of amular.

DKS was on last year's list. Divinity 2 came out in 2009, FoV and DKS in 2010.

Ack; well i voted for it anyways :)
--
If I could fix my vote (not that it matters) witcher 2 would move up from #2 to #1 and deus x or dugeon sige iii (which I thought was a better effort at R than previous dungeon siege; even if the controls were wonky) would be #2.

I spent 170 hours in skyrim but it really has a lot of issues in world evolution to be in the ranking. I mean it just doesn't matter what you do or who you side with; things remain the same.

DKS was on last year's list. Divinity 2 came out in 2009, FoV and DKS in 2010.

As far as I understand it you can still modify your vote as long as the cookie is active.

From what I've seen of Diablo 3, it looks almost identical to Torchlight and Dungeon Siege 3 to my uneducated eyes. I'm not really interested in this sort of game.

Dishonored, Risen 2, Bioshock Infinite, Dead State, the South Park game all look far more intriguing.

Overhyped games rarely get people playing them for over 100 hours...just saying.

Overhyped games rarely get people playing them for over 100 hours…just saying.

Looking at the global achievements on Steam, it was interesting to note that 53% of everyone who played Skyrim on PC (legitimately via Steam that is) played at least long enough to reach 25th level.

That took quite a long time in both of my recent playthroughs.

Back
Top Bottom