Gas Powered Games - Now on Kickstarter

I wonder if we can buy the soundtrack but skip the game? ;)

Yawn… Last good game these guys made was Dungeon Siege 2 - and everything since then has been weak or a retreading of old material.

This sounds really uninteresting to me.

That's how I feel also.
I had lots of hope for Kings and Castles back when the were pushing that with their series of videos, but Chris Taylor said it would just be too much money to ask for a Kickstarter(5 million+ est.).

Prehistoric? That doesn't really open up much in the way of weaponry. What are they going to use, clubs and spears?
Cartoony doesn't effect me one way or the other. Seems somebody is making a South Park Rpg and if that isn't a cartoon, I don't know what is.

Don't really have much confidence in this developer either.

They seem to be doing decently well at $120k after a day. I'd say it's probably going to pass.

This would greatly benefit from a character / unit development update imo. Just saying the wildman starts with clubs and eventually uses swords and medicine, ect…. It’s just hard to imagine much progression for a prehistoric fellow.

Discovery of fire, druidic magic, missile weapons, traps… And in the armor department besides wool, leather, bone, ivory… I’m coming up with little in the technology department as well.

It’s looking like few options could cripple the game with repetitiveness, simply due to the context restrictions. I’m sure I’m not the only one thinking this. If they could address that reassuringly, it could give ‘em a big boost.

I kind of thought of this idea of NWN but found out it was already done on a popular server. One of the DD modules for it did this by having the player shipwrecked and having to fend for themselves with what they found (ie. crafting).

I haven't been impressed by any of the Dungeon Siege games - except graphics in the first one (for its time) - so I can't be excited by this.

120k for first day is impressive, but can they sustain it?

Back
Top Bottom