Risen 2 - Treasure Isle and Pirate's Clothes DLCs for Sale

Dhruin

SasqWatch
With Risen 2 released, the preorder bonus DLC Treasure Isle transitions to a paid DLC and A Pirates Clothes is also available for sale. Here's the press release:
Story DLC “Treasure Isle” and “A Pirate’s Clothes” for Risen 2TM: Dark Waters now available for purchase on PC
Cast off! Experience an exciting new storyline in the pursuit of Captain Steelbeard’s treasure or get some cool pirate clothes
27th April 2012 - Hampshire, UK:- Deep Silver today announced that two DLCs for the pirate RPG “Risen 2: Dark Waters” are available for purchase on PC.

The “Treasure Isle” DLC offers exciting new adventures in the world of Risen 2: Dark Waters. The player will embark on an additional story questline to uncover Captain Steelbeard's legendary treasure – a quest that will continue a plot element from the first Risen game and finally bring it to an exciting conclusion. The story of the DLC revolves around Harlok, a cook on Steelbeard’s ship Elenor, who stole the secret clues that lead to the pirate captain’s hidden treasure. However, it is only with the help of the player that Harlok is able to find it. This quest will take the hero and Patty, Steelbeard’s daughter, to an unknown island that offers new environments to explore with many puzzles to solve, treasures to loot and mysteries to unravel. The player will discover a legendary item (only available in this DLC) - offering his character a permanent stat boost. This DLC will be available for a price of £7.99.

With the DLC, “A Pirate’s Clothes”, having a price of £2.49, the hero can be equipped with impressive looking pirate items that include a hat, boots, trousers, a pistol and a special ring that will boost his ability to gain experience points by 5%.
More information.

Dumb question - does anyone know hot to access the pre-order Treasure Isle? I have it under the game's main menu dlc section, but can't fire it up separately. Does it integrate with the main game perhaps?

Dumb question - does anyone know hot to access the pre-order Treasure Isle? I have it under the game's main menu dlc section, but can't fire it up separately. Does it integrate with the main game perhaps?

Afaik, it's not a separate quest. At some point in the game you'll come across the option to travel to that island.

I'm curious about the Pirate’s Clothes DLC though. Is it one of those deals where the items just magically appear in your inventory when you purchase the DLC? If so, no thanks.

luckily this is a PB game and not an EA one or we would already have 50 posts on what a terrible business practice this is.

I'm going to wait for some patches before buying. Sounds like the games a little rough around the edges.

luckily this is a PB game and not an EA one or we would already have 50 posts on what a terrible business practice this is.

I'm going to wait for some patches before buying. Sounds like the games a little rough around the edges.

This is a terrible business practice.

Come one people, only 48 posts to go!

/no sarcasm actually

No your right it does surprise me how one company can do it but another does it we have constant bitching. Just the usual double standard.

There 48 more again since I posted my original comment on the wrong topic.:p

You need to get your own ship first and then you'll have a dialogue option when talking to Patty about sailing to the 'Treasure Island'. That will trigger the DLC then.

I'm curious about the Pirate’s Clothes DLC though. Is it one of those deals where the items just magically appear in your inventory when you purchase the DLC? If so, no thanks.

For people who preordered (like me) the clothes are in your inventory when you start a new game. Since they are pirate clothes you first need to become a pirate before you can wear them but, yes, they basically just spawn in your inventory after entering the code.

For people who preordered (like me) the clothes are in your inventory when you start a new game. Since they are pirate clothes you first need to become a pirate before you can wear them but, yes, they basically just spawn in your inventory after entering the code.
I preordered on Steam and those clothes are not in my inventory. :)
But honestly, I don't need 'em nor will buy them. Never payed for items DLC in any game, this one won't be different. I really didn't buy any game to pay for even more dressing/undressing Barbie dolls. Ain't there a game just like that, you pay for the clothes you don't need and dress/undress your doll? Found it, this is the one:
http://www.missbimbo.com/

To some it's really fun. To me... Can't believe such things exist on the internet, and not only that, can't believe ppl are actually paying for those ugly clothes! Obviously EA adores that game, now the question is was it PB or DS who got hooked on paying for dresses?

Last edited:
I preordered on Steam and those clothes are not in my inventory. :)
But honestly, I don't need 'em nor will pay for them. Never payed for items DLC in any game, this one won't be different.

Steam buyers didn't get the Pirates Clothes DLC. I'm guessing Moriendor purchased a collector's edition.

I feel the same way though.. I wouldn't want them anyways.

One question... where's my Horse Armor?? :)

If there's one thing worse than paying for clothes for your character, its paying for clothes for your horse.

If there's one thing worse than paying for clothes for your character, its paying for clothes for your horse.

Says more about the person buying it than those releasing it, though ;) Mounts are crazy boring, i never use them in either Skyrim or Oblivion..

The pirate clothes DLC is completely unnecessary. It's nice to have at best but there are plenty of alternative clothes to be found. It's definitely just a "vanity item" as they call this sort of stuff in the MMO world as far as I know.

I haven't played it yet, but it is sounding like a pretty average game...dissapointing after the first one. I guess I will wait and see when I get it.

I haven't played it yet, but it is sounding like a pretty average game…dissapointing after the first one. I guess I will wait and see when I get it.

It's true that if anyone does not have a soft spot for the typical PB atmosphere and quirks that what remains at the core is a pretty average game indeed. So I can totally understand where the 6/10 and 7/10 reviews are coming from. Those scores aren't completely unjustified.
As for myself I'm luckily a PB connoisseur of the first hour so I'm getting more than my money's worth of enjoyment out of this game but -especially for a fan- the wasted potential is once again really, really painful. The game could be so much more if they would have thought some things through more carefully.

Oh well, back to Takarigua... yarrrr! :)

I purchased the Treasure Island DLC but I am steering clear of Pirates Clothes for my first playthrough. I don't want better armor or a 5% boost to experience my first time with the game.

Back
Top Bottom