DArtagnan is he banned?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'd have to be worse than Dart to get banned here.

Its a warning that expires after 10 days for pointing out the gaping flaws in Fluents begging threads. Dart's offered to self-ban himself repeatedly and nobodys taken him up on it :) He's likely just being quiet.

Its a warning that expires after 10 days for pointing out the gaping flaws in Fluents begging threads. Dart's offered to self-ban himself repeatedly and nobodys taken him up on it :) He's likely just being quiet.

Oh I understand now Begging good Dart bad. Thanks for clearing that up. I might quit my job and take up internet begging if that is the lesson we learn here.

Oh I understand now Begging good Dart bad. Thanks for clearing that up. I might quit my job and take up internet begging if that is the lesson we learn here.

It doesn't pay very well. I often browse the gofundme pages for things I feel like donating to but there is a plethora of people that clog the good causes.

Serious story : there was someone asking for funding for new batteries for her camera because she "really wants to be a professional photographer and this is the only way she can continue."

Unless there has been some private messaging that we are not aware off, the yellow card is outright ridiculous and I am of the opinion that the 10 day ban ought to be revoked.

It doesn't pay very well. I often browse the gofundme pages for things I feel like donating to but there is a plethora of people that clog the good causes.

Serious story : there was someone asking for funding for new batteries for her camera because she "really wants to be a professional photographer and this is the only way she can continue."

I don't even know what to say about any of it. I put my "BIG BOY PANTS" on everyday and go to work. Never owned a credit card, the only money I owe is on my house and have been working since I was 12.

As for Dart even getting a warning, well that seems like crap.

Warnings are only given for a breach of site regulations, the most common being for insulting other members. I didn't give the warning, nor have I seen it so I can't make a specific comment. I might give out one warning a month, so they're not all that common.

Warnings are only given for a breach of site regulations, the most common being for insulting other members. I didn't give the warning, nor have I seen it so I can't make a specific comment. I might give out one warning a month, so they're not all that common.

Seems unfair and I know you are not the one that gave the warning but for a member like Dart to get one seems extreme to me. I don't always agree with him, Christ who here agrees with anyone here all the time.

Though he sure does add a lot to this forum weekly if not daily.

Meh I received a yellow warning last month myself, and barely care about it. As the satisfaction of calling a member out was so worth it. I would glady do it again.:cool:

Meh I received a yellow warning last month myself, and barely care about it. As the satisfaction of calling a member out was so worth it. I would glady do it again.:cool:

I guess that would depend on the subject and the member wouldn't it.

I don't even know what to say about any of it. I put my "BIG BOY PANTS" on everyday and go to work. Never owned a credit card, the only money I owe is on my house and have been working since I was 12.

As for Dart even getting a warning, well that seems like crap.

Awe Celtic misses Dart, how cute.;)

Funny thing about darts warning is I said pretty much the same thing but I said it in English and he said it in..... Well, dart.:lol:

Well if your forum name is lackblogger then yes.:biggrin:

Couch your becoming such a bada**. ;)

Dart requires a light savaging from time to time, but not a sanction for speaking his mind.

I doubt he'd be bothered by a yellow card if he'd called someone an ass hat, but I think in this scenario he might be more pissed off. I think getting moderated for criticising a moderator who's asking for money doesn't look too good.

It's very silly to care about the judgment of a moderator. It's just someone's opinion on the Internet, it has no meaning at all.

Dart requires a light savaging from time to time, but not a sanction for speaking his mind.

I doubt he'd be bothered by a yellow card if he'd called someone an ass hat, but I think in this scenario he might be more pissed off. I think getting moderated for criticising a moderator who's asking for money doesn't look too good.

He got it for continuing when everybody was asked to stop, not for speaking his mind. And no, he is not banned.

He got it for continuing when everybody was asked to stop, not for speaking his mind. And no, he is not banned.

I understand that you have to make judgement calls as a moderator. But, IMO, this problem stemmed from allowing another moderator to ask for money on the forum, which I think is very unwise.

I think that if anyone does that, then it must also be fair to challenge the legitimacy of the request, and even to criticise the petitioner for it. It seemed to me that though Dart's criticisms were forceful, Fluent was also firing back in a similar manner, calling Dart an "ignorant fool". The situation did not have the appearance of fairness.

I really think this type of thread should be reconsidered, because it is so clearly breeding resentments that are not good for the community.

there might be a real bone to pick here if the two people in question weren't already the two biggest drama queens on this site. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom