Political and politically incorrect humor

That's a hard call. Obviously, it's black humor, but it's not exactly funny enough to make a clear point. Are we laughing at political correctness, people's ability to fool themselves, or is it just a rather pointless & offensive easy dig at who knows what? I suppose the point is the one you make--that free-range, humane, organic methods are just a sop to the conscience--but it seems a rather overdone way to make it, i.e., more of a bludgeon than a stiletto, and a bit too gratuitously offensive for the issue at hand. If you're going to make a Nazi joke, you really need to make sure it's properly scaled, and it also helps if it's actually funny.

To be fair, the guy is usually funny, even with his Nazi jokes. Here's one that made me LOL:

1135245219231.gif

(Traffic board.)
—The streets make a 90 degree turn and then join in an X crossing.
—Let's make a sign for it!

Okay, mildly amusing, I guess. Everyone enjoys a laugh at the expense of bumbling bureaucrats. But it's not translating for me into anything else very clearly funny. If this stuff is a theme in the guys work, I guess it's all part of his approach to humor, and possibly works better where you are than where I am. :).

He does do Nazi jokes, but not all that many. He draws a strip every day, and I can remember maybe a half-dozen from the past year or two. Also, he doesn't translate well -- the gag is usually some really bad pun that only makes sense in Finnish.

But on the whole I like it. A part of the reason is that the guy with the round face and the glasses is the chairman of my house board (I swear).

Perhaps this could lead to what I find an interesting topic; the regional nature of much humour. For example, I dislike most (though not all) American humour. I just don't find it funny. I especially loathe US sitcoms with laff tracks; I just find the stuff either stupid, or pathetic. On the other hand, I find much of the British (more subtle) humour hillarious. Yet, I hear that most Americans don't 'get' British humour at all. Why is that, I wonder?

By the way, the cartoonist who made the Free Range Jew Soap strip apologized for it. Appropriate, IMO; it was in poor taste and not very funny.

Good to know. I imagine whenever you deal with racially sensitive motifs, humor can be a double-edged sword/ Here's a kind of funny example of our version of such humor (the BMWB variety):
RallT20100507A_low.jpg

It's okay, mudsling -- it's a well-known fact that libertarians don't have a sense of humor.

Politics Explained

Attachments

• politics_explained.jpg
    politics_explained.jpg
    247.2 KB · Views: 148
It's old, but still quite accurate!! :)

The New GM (Government Motors)

Proudly Introduces

The 2011 Obummer

This car runs on hot air, bull-shit and broken promises.

It has three wheels that speed the vehicle through tight left turns.

It comes complete with two Tele Prompters programmed to help the occupants talk their way out of any violations.

The transparent canopy reveals the plastic smiles still on the faces of all the happy owners.

Comes in S, M, L, XL and 2XL

It won't get you to work, but hey, there aren't any jobs anyway!

Attachments

• car.JPG
    car.JPG
    174.4 KB · Views: 128
Oh, the irony...

http://www.inquisitr.com/75869/big-butter-jesus/

Big Butter Jesus got hit by lightning and burned to the ground. The article does a wonderful job of completely missing the real source of the statue's nickname (a Heywood Banks song that gets played on Bob and Tom all the time). I guess God's an art critic now. ;)

John Pennington telling it as it is:

Darwin and Evolution has no basis on fact. Actually they are more of a religion by definition. Science themselves have proven Evolution wrong. Science shows that there at one time was a world wide flood and that by FACT the sun shrinks at constant rate of 3ft per hour. Now if the math is done there is no way the Earth can be over 9000 years old cause the sun would burn it up. Same way with the dust on the moon falls at a constant rate. When we first went to the moon the had huge pads with legs cause if the Earth was billions of years old the dust would be thick but it was not. Before you start talking about theories that apparently you haven't studied maybe you need to read them as a whole and not in part. So parts are believable but as a whole it is impossible. God does exist but people make our own decisions and we pollute what God has ordained. This is why our country was so great cause we was founded on God, but because we have hardened our hearts and turned away from him is why the country is in the shape it is in. Oh and for fact we don't believe the world started 5000 years ago. If you study the time line approx 5000 years ago was the flood. the Earth was here about 2000 years prior to the flood.

Übereil

Speaks for itself, me thinks.

Attachments

• barack.JPG
    barack.JPG
    144.5 KB · Views: 82
The night before Chelsea Clinton got married, Hillary wanted to be the perfect mother.

"Have you had sex with Marc?" she asked.

Chelsea thought for a moment and replied, "Not according to Dad."

Back
Top Bottom