Steam - Focus Publisher Weekend

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
And Divinity 2 for 75% off.

Is Game of Thrones RPG any good? Looked like it got panned on release as I recall. Metacritic seems to agree. Most complaints are that the textures and animations aren't very good but story was good. I am a fan of the books and TV series but not enough to buy something just because.

Many here seemed to like it just fine for the story and even gameplay. I enjoyed it, I just haven't touched it in a while. :) It wasn't that bad a game, in my opinion.

Is Game of Thrones RPG any good? Looked like it got panned on release as I recall. Metacritic seems to agree. Most complaints are that the textures and animations aren't very good but story was good. I am a fan of the books and TV series but not enough to buy something just because.

I enjoyed the RPG - particualrly as a fan of the series. The interface could be a bit clunky, especially in combat (with a bad camera), but the gameplay possibilties and the story more than made up for it, You have to make some tough choices - which is great.

The DLC expansion is not worth the money though - took me about 2 hours (?). Just a bunch of combat.

Mars is pretty decent, as long as you look at it as an Indie RPG, with a AAA-ish skin, rather than as an all-out AAA RPG. I certainly got a lot of entertainment out of it for 10-15 hours (I go quite slowly through things), but it did get a bit repatative/samey after a while. It's basically a product built to a price, so don't expect the next Baldur's Gate or anything, but when that price is steam-sale low, who's arguing?

Back
Top Bottom