Fallout: New Vegas - Lonesome Road Dated, Two Item DLCs

Dhruin

SasqWatch
The Bethblog announces Lonesome Road with be released on September 20th. They also note two additional DLCs - item packs called Courier's Stash and Gun Runners' Arsenal - will be released the week after:
The Courier’s journey ends this September.
We’re excited to share that Lonesome Road, the fourth add-on pack for Fallout: New Vegas, will be available for download on Xbox LIVE, PlayStation Network and Steam on September 20th.
In Lonesome Road you are contacted by the original Courier Six, a man by the name of Ulysses who refused to deliver the Platinum Chip at the start of Fallout: New Vegas. Ulysses promises the answer as to why he didn’t take the job, but only if you make one last journey into the hurricane-swept canyons of the Divide, a landscape torn apart by earthquakes and violent storms. It’s up to you whether you take the job or not.
But wait! There’s more!!
Today we’re also announcing two additional DLC packs, Courier’s Stash and Gun Runners’ Arsenal, which will be available for download one week later on September 27th.
Courier’s Stash (Xbox LIVE for 160 Microsoft points, PlayStation Network and Steam for $1.99) gives players immediate access to four content bundles previously available only through pre-ordering Fallout: New Vegas. The Caravan Pack, Classic Pack, Mercenary Pack and Tribal Pack each offer unique weapons, apparel and aid advantages that will help you throughout your journey.
Gun Runners’ Arsenal (Xbox LIVE for 320 Microsoft points, PlayStation Network and Steam for $3.99) increases the range of unique weapons, weapon mods, ammo types and recipes waiting to be uncovered in the vast Mojave Wasteland. Check out a sampling in the screenshots below…
More information.

Oh Geeze, just when Bethesda announces they won't do anymore 'horse armor' type of DLC Obsidian announces some for New Vegas. :p

The more meaty Lonesome Road DLC sounds good though. Finally we get one that's really tied to the main quest.

Oh Geeze, just when Bethesda announces they won't do anymore 'horse armor' type of DLC Obsidian announces some for New Vegas. :p

Agreed.. it's disappointing to see this from Obsidian.

$3.99 for an item pack that doesn't contain anything you couldn't add with a user-made mod.

It was likely insisted on by Bethesda.

And this month-long delay is fishy as well. Has there been any official explanation yet? Because I'm inclined to believe it has something to do with more PR for Elder Scrolls Ver. 5.0.

With regard to the Gun Runner item pack, here is an interesting note for JE Sawyer's formspring:
I specifically asked to make GRA because I wanted to show players, publishers, and developers that you could make a reasonably-priced weapon pack that added more than two retextures.

It was likely insisted on by Bethesda.

The delay? Maybe - might have been an issue of it just not being ready and both parties agreeing it needed extra time. Or it might have been Bethesda deciding as the publisher that it was more advantageous to wait another month for whatever reason.

The weapon pack? Nah that was Sawyer's decision. Though he did say he did it to prove you could do a 4 dollar DLC that was worth paying for so hopefully he succeeds in proving his point and it isn't horse armor.

No matter what people say, I'm still getting horse armor vibes..

I don't even pay attention to Fallout news, but I'm always surprised that these expansions (or whatever they are) keep trickling out. It's so bizarre to compare when they've done with the franchise compared to its origin, and how far from my interest it has all gone.

Preorder bonuses should have been released as part of a patch, like CDprojekt did. They should also be integrated into the gameplay properly, but that's another story. Actually i don't care about these shitty cash-ins anyway, i'll not buy the game before the goty is out. I hate this current "game followed by dlc-s" model. What happened to the proper expansions?

Preorder bonuses should have been released as part of a patch, like CDprojekt did. They should also be integrated into the gameplay properly, but that's another story. Actually i don't care about these shitty cash-ins anyway, i'll not buy the game before the goty is out. I hate this current "game followed by dlc-s" model. What happened to the proper expansions?

DLC makes more money. Market is maturing and supports the DLC. If I'm making game stuff I'd be a fool to turn down the extra revenue on some "principle". Also the two smaller DLCs appear to be almost throwaways. 1.99 doesn't seem too awful. 3.99 seems pretty borderline though. Either way it's not all that bad compared to a market full of people raised on paying $4+ for a few pieces of printed cardboard wrapped in cheap foil just so that they can "collect 'em all".

I don't even pay attention to Fallout news, but I'm always surprised that these expansions (or whatever they are) keep trickling out. It's so bizarre to compare when they've done with the franchise compared to its origin, and how far from my interest it has all gone.

FWIW, I've seen quite a number of people say that the last New Vegas DLC, Old World Blues, was the best DLC they've ever played for any game and near expansion level of content.

Also for people complaining that it's better to wait for GOTY, the base game has been on sale several times as cheap as $10 and Steam had the DLC on sale for $2.50 during the summer sale so if you're patient and look for them there are deals to be had getting the game and DLC prior to a GOTY edition.

The reason to buy many of these DLCs is that they raise the level cap. As a completionist, I hit the level cap with a bunch more still to do in the game world, and I found that I lost interest not long after that. I figure I'll pick it up again when I can get all the DLC's for one low price.

Yeah. Old World Blues is probably the best DLC out there. Only I know that competes with it in size would be Gay Tony for Grand Theft Auto IV, if that even counts.

This definitely is not a game which has a small insignificant DLC released so as to some attention is generated.

Back
Top Bottom