Lucky Day's The Wizard's Grave discussion thread

Lucky Day

Daywatch
This is the new discussion thread for my Android game: The Wizard's Grave.

The game is now live and can be found here:

The Wizard's Grave at the Google Play store.

or if you prefer Amazon or have a Kindle:

http://www.amazon.com/Brett-Little-The-Wizards-Grave/dp/B00H029DYA/ref=sr_1_1?s=mobile-apps&ie=UTF8&qid=1386044830&sr=1-1&keywords=wizard's+grave

Its only $2 free so I hope that doesn't break anybody's wallet.

Post any comments or report any problems or bugs here.

Privacy Policy: I collect no information in the. I just get the download and review statistics that google automatically puts out for every Android app - i.e. reviews, download statistics and some old financial information when I first charged for it (it's free now - I haven't had a sale since 2014). Just the standard information that google automatically gives me and everyone else. That's it. That information will be retainined as long as the app is posted.

Formerly I called the Wizard War! but that name was taken, so as to avoid confusion its been renamed. I want to thank everyone for the suggestions they gave. Some of them were really good but in the end I decided on this ominous sounding name.

To check at my development blog and see what went into making this game see this thread here.

minimum requirements: Android 10 aka OS 2.3.3 aka Gingerbread. This works on 98% of active devices.

The apk is approximately 38mb.

edit 12/17: confirmed with txa1265 that WG works on all versions of Kindle 2nd generation and up.

Last edited:
Toff reported a problem with the screen not refreshing itself on the Galaxy Nexus. No other device has seen this problem yet. The release version contains an attempt to fix it by drawing the screen twice.

Congratulations on completing the game! Just been playing it. I love the music and the gameplay is some great dungeon crawling goodness.

Couple points:
1) After playing for a bit then quitting a second icon appeared called wizgrave
2) If I equip Pants, I automatically unequip a tunic or shirt. Can we only equip 1 clothing piece at a time?

Also, having radio buttons is confusing, as well as selecting an inventory item then automatically being kicked out rather being able to stay in and do inventory management.

Other than that I'll keep playing! Its pretty fun

I'm using a first gen Nexus 7 running KitKat

Last edited:
thanks Caddy/SMOG. And thanks for the review!

One armor and one weapon. The Tunic and the Fist act as a default and it became simpler to make them unique items for the player. I just didn't think of a shirt and pants combination. Silly me! But it gives me a great idea for a todo list (crafting?).

The radio buttons were set up as Alerts and it would have been incredibly complicated to refresh it as they are pretty complicated to begin with. I suppose I could look at capturing it into a loop until the player hits cancel. It would mean moving the cancel Button method outside of the regular alert but it could be done.

The Alert system is something I've wanted to streamline and simplify for awhile. Its clearly something I'm going to do next time.

1) After playing for a bit then quitting a second icon appeared called wizgrave

There should be two icons: the one on the home screen named WizGrave; and the other in the app menu called The Wizard's Grave. Some versions of Android cut off the title for some reason on the home page so I had to keep it short.

Do you have two on the home page? Does one icon say Wizard War? Did I send you a beta copy in the past?

I fixed a bug reported by a friend who decided to hit attack 100x and different places on the combat screen. On his Nexus 7 he used was cancelling out of the Loot dialog after he won and get stuck by doing this.

I fixed it by turning off the ability to cancel or use the back button. New version is on Amazon and on Google play.

Last edited:
There should be two icons: the one on the home screen named WizGrave; and the other in the app menu called The Wizard's Grave. Some versions of Android cut off the title for some reason on the home page so I had to keep it short.

Do you have two on the home page? Does one icon say Wizard War? Did I send you a beta copy in the past?

No, no beta copy. I don't mind paying and supporting my local indie developers. Actually what seemed to happen was they both appeared on the home screen. The icon called "The Wizard's Grave" appears on my home screen after the APK install. I moved it over two pages before starting it. But WizGrave appeared only after I quit the game. I know it added it after quitting the game, because when it quit, it automatically zoomed back to the home screen, then added the WizGrave icon, as if it was performing a new install. It didn't affect anything. I just deleted it, and it runs fine from the other icon, but I thought i'd report it, in case there was a reason for what it was doing.

No, no beta copy. I don't mind paying and supporting my local indie developers. Actually what seemed to happen was they both appeared on the home screen. The icon called "The Wizard's Grave" appears on my home screen after the APK install. I moved it over two pages before starting it. But WizGrave appeared only after I quit the game. I know it added it after quitting the game, because when it quit, it automatically zoomed back to the home screen, then added the WizGrave icon, as if it was performing a new install. It didn't affect anything. I just deleted it, and it runs fine from the other icon, but I thought i'd report it, in case there was a reason for what it was doing.

thanks. that's really odd. You have a Nexus 7 right? I'm trying to get ahold of my buddy who has one and see what happens there. Only problem is that Android seems to keep a memory of this sort of thing after install.

I'll double check the Home icon install code to see if it does it twice. It should only put WizGrave there.

Shows not compatible with Kindle Fire HD or HDX. :(

I want to test it on the emulator on those versions before I make it available Mike just to be safe. I'm sure it will work and I'll check it in Saturday at latest.

Thanks! I will check back and grab it over the weekend :) Thanks for all the cool work you are doing!

Thanks! I will check back and grab it over the weekend :) Thanks for all the cool work you are doing!

Thanks Mike.

Mike helped confirm that Wizard's Grave works on all levels of Kindle second generation and up.

Kindle version available at the Amazon store - I don't believe the Google Play version can work on Kindle but don't quote me on that.

Thanks Mike.

Mike helped confirm that Wizard's Grave works on all levels of Kindle second generation and up.

Kindle version available at the Amazon store - I don't believe the Google Play version can work on Kindle but don't quote me on that.

No - generally the way it goes is you can install stuff from Amazon on std Android, but not the reverse.

And yes, the game works great on my HDX, I checked between that and my Galaxy S3 and it was perfect.

As one of the testers I really enjoyed this game, need to pick it up soon again now it's released to get a proper play through!

bash. sorry I didn't see your message. did I not send you a free copy for helping me test?

got a PM from "Ryan" concerning helping out Kevin MacLeod, the musician who composed and recorded most of the music I used, on a new kickstarter

Thought I'd share it with you here

Hello!

I'm Ryan the Director of Royalty Free: The music of Kevin Macleod. I saw you used kevin's music in your android game and thought you may be interested in helping out the kickstarter for our documentary on Kevin Macleod Also spread the word about it please we need you help, Kevin has composed thousands of songs which he has given away to millions of people, which has been used billions of times! From the Big such as the film Hugo, to video games (The Stanley Parable), theme parks, everywhere basically haha.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects…-kevin-macleod

THX!

thanks for the fix for the link. I don't know if its our forums, copy and paste, or both.

--

Pladio, I think I got 30 sales total. :D Kind of hard to compete with 700k other apps (although Quest Lord got about 10k). But it did its job. Not only did I spice up my skills, I got three jobs based on it. It was a deal breaker in my current one.

As you may or may not have noticed I decided to put up the game for free. If anyone hasn't checked it out yet have a blast.

I would love to do a sequel. I want to finish one bug fix before I move on though.

I just haven't had the time or energy since starting my new job.

Back
Top Bottom