Divinity 2 Is archery a bit overpowered?

Ball_Breaker

Sentinel
I recently re-started the game (this time with the Flames of Vengeance add-on ;)), and initially I wanted to play as a mage, but I really didn't enjoy it...
So i thought to re do the character, and play it as a ranger mainly (first time I finished the game I was a dual wield warrior, and it was good, but I wanted something different, and when I played WoW I fell in love with Hunter class, so... ;)), and I don't know if it's just me, but at level 8 I can just kill everything prettly easily, and I'm playing on Hard difficulty!
I'm start to thinking that this game is one of the few games that I know where being a ranger is overpowered, or at least is good being it ^^ (the other example that comes in my mind is DA: O with few mods that rebalance archery tree). What do you think guys?

Yep, I found ranged combat to be the most powerful by quite a lot. There are a few cases where you might get cornered due to lack of space, but other than that it's fantastic.

You also get a fantastic AoE fireball arrow thing later on that can take out entire packs in one shot.

Yeah, Explosive Arrow or something like that ^^ for now I'm using Multiple Arrow, which helps a bit, but when I get to Battle Tower I'm gonna respec to maximize my skill points.

And yeah, the only problem for now is avoiding to get cornered, but in open spaces Archery shines =).

In the original game, it was the opposite !

If I understand correctly, it's not just archery... the entire game as a whole was made easier from the original. I guess too many people complained about the difficulty of Eco Draconis. :-/

i wanted to get this but am turned off by flying on dragons. can you play without doing it or are there areas where your forced to fly?

If I understand correctly, it's not just archery… the entire game as a whole was made easier from the original. I guess too many people complained about the difficulty of Eco Draconis. :-/
They also added an extra difficulty mode to make it harder.

i wanted to get this but am turned off by flying on dragons. can you play without doing it or are there areas where your forced to fly?
It is not possible to finish the game without changing into our dragon form. The only thing I disliked is that at quite a lot of locations it was impossible to change into our dragon form.

If I understand correctly, it's not just archery… the entire game as a whole was made easier from the original. I guess too many people complained about the difficulty of Eco Draconis. :-/
I haven´t played the original, but I can assure you that DKS is not a walk in the park on nightmare difficulty.
For a first 10-13 or so character levels the game is at least as difficult as G2:NotR and while in general it gets progressively easier afterwards, there are still some rough spots and you need to be careful with skill/attribute points distribution and take care of your equipment.
At least that was my experience playing a battle mage.
I´ve found the expansion quite notably easier though.

I´ve played the game just once. Started on hard and changed to nightmare around level 7, iirc. Those first levels on hard felt roughly the same as G2:NotR difficulty-wise.

Thanks for the heads-up. I'm probably going to be starting DKS within the next week or so, and you've convinced me to play on nightmare.

I installed DKS this morning and started a practice character. How do I set the difficulty to nightmare? I only see casual, normal, and hard on the menu slider.

*Edit* Nevermind.. I obviously should have patched the game before I started asking questions. Nightmare was added after updating to the latest version.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom