GOP Corruption and Obstruction

What was he going to say if it weren't Nigger? Cmon, let's see what you can fabricate. And you give Santorum a pass just because he is Republican candidate? That's a bit convenient.

1 data point? You conveniently ignore the other examples and links in the article as well as the sickening amount of Republican anti-gay, -poor, -black legsilation and rhetoric over the years. Yeah, right one data point. So much denial, and lack of so called "integrity".

So this year, vote Democrat if you believe in blaming scapegoats for the country's problems (the rich, the establishment, the religious). Sounds a bit like communist Russia? You bet. :/

The Republicans just blame a different set of scapegoats. Not much difference.

Hah! You are joking arent you? Another false equivalency from a rightie. Imagine that. :rolleyes:
You're right, it's not really a proper parallel. On one side, you've got an idiot that didn't actually say anything. On the other, you've got an idiot that said something incredibly stupid and rather offensive. Which one was the basis for the insult, again?

The Republicans just blame a different set of scapegoats. Not much difference.
You might want to note the post that was responding to. Even accepting Thrasher's spray paint job, you're exactly stating my point.

OK, this is too good to pass up.

Voter registration problems widening in Florida

And this analysis

The Strategic Allied Consulting firm appears to be another shell company of Nathan Sproul, a longtime, notorious Republican operative, hired year after year by GOP Presidential campaigns, despite being accused of shredding Democratic voter registration forms in a number of states over several past elections. According to the Center for Responsive Politics, Strategic Allied Consulting has been paid some $667,000 this year by the Florida GOP, presumably to run its voter registration campaigns in the state. The firm is not only tied to the Florida GOP, but also to the Mitt Romney Campaign, which hired Sproul as a political consultant late last year, despite years of fraud allegations against his organizations in multiple states. Just do some research and you will find a lot of stuff you never knew. No wonder Romney keeps saying he will win.

I knew you'd be on that. There is one big difference between this and your pals from ACORN, though. In this case, the republicans policed themselves and fired the company. Obama embraced his election fraud company.

Republicans hired Strategic Allied Consulting despite previous claims of voter fraud. Just what the doctor ordered apparently, and only fired them when they were caught with their pants down. Also, ACORN was not Obama's company. In fact, he signed the bill that defunded them. But don't let facts get in the way. :rolleyes:

Let us review, shall we. This story broke when the Republicans fired the company. That's known as proactive. Obama was only 6 months worth of news reports behind the game after ACORN got caught. That's known as lousy damage control.

Definitely disappointing that we hired them in the first place, but at least we immediately cleaned up our own mess rather than waiting for congressional inquiry to force our hands.

The current crop of Republicans are in my opinion as untrustworthy and extremist as you can get. I have zero faith in their concern for middle class independents like me. The Democrats are better at this juncture of time and I will vote for Obama even tho I live in a Red state and my vote will not matter.

You hear about the state of the economy in all the newsbits but I am better off than I was 4 years ago and I was doing well 4 years ago.

I have to say I am better off than a few years ago, but we still have a long way to go to recover real estate value. People think the economy fueled by heady real estate speculation on margin was "normal"; it wasn't, and folks shouldn't expect easy money like that in that market for years if not a decade, I think. Especially with the baby boomer demand poised to shrink.

From that source:
Spicer said that once the accusations were made about dumping registration forms, the employee was immediately fired. He has said that the Republican National Committee had “zero tolerance” for potential fraud.

It’s not clear why the forms ended up in the dumpster; in Virginia, the voter form doesn’t list a party affiliation.
Not quite as sinister as you'd imply since there could be no "targetted fraud", and dealt with quickly, properly, and publicly. Would you prefer an ACORN response, where nothing changed for a couple years until Congress got involved?

ACORN was vindicated of no wrong doing despite a wasteful witch hunt from the Republican led House.

This, on the other hand, is clearly illegal activity, bought and paid for by Republicans.

ACORN was not vindicated in any way, shape, nor form. There were multiple indictments across multiple locations for voter fraud followed by multiple convictions. That's been verifiably documented for you several times, so I don't know how you could deny it in good faith.

Indeed. I put "ACORN convictions" into Google. Here's link #1:

http://www.8newsnow.com/story/19737819/nevada-high-court-upholds-acorn-convictions

How about Factcheck? 2008 is a little dated, but that's when their crimes came to light:
http://www.factcheck.org/2008/10/acorn-accusations/
ACORN workers have been convicted of submitting false voter registration forms in Colorado Springs in 2005, Kansas City, Mo., in 2006 and King County, Wash., in 2007. ACORN’s Las Vegas office was raided by a state criminal investigator on Oct. 7, 2008. ACORN workers are also the subjects of ongoing investigations in Wisconsin, Missouri, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Indiana. The Indiana investigation started in early October and may involve thousands of fraudulent registration forms.

You might want to avoid Hippie Radio. ;)

HAH! So despite a Republican congressional witch hunt/investigation finding no wrongdoing you still believe those reports of false accusations about ACORN, which were later dropped?

For shame, DTE, for shame....

That first link, isn't about cheating with registrations, it's just paying people to get signatures that happens to violate a state law. Exactly what the Republicans do in other states. Imagine. Hypocrisy anyone?

Regarding the second, here's a quote:

no evidence has yet surfaced to show that the ACORN employees who submitted fraudulent registration forms intended to pave the way for illegal voting. Rather, they were trying to get paid by ACORN for doing no work.

As apposed to Republican efforts to prevent voter access at the polls. Luckily the courts are overturning unconstitutional laws being put into place by republican state lawmakers to rig the elections in their favor. Very corrupt...

Back
Top Bottom