Black Isle - Van Buren Screens & Video @ NMA

Dhruin

SasqWatch
We've had some technical problems in the last 12 hours, which prevented me from updating - although not everyone was affected so you may not have noticed. On with the show...
NMA has managed to get their hands on more Van Buren (Black Isle's Fallout 3) material, with a video (hosted on YouTube or a higher quality 3D Downloads version [11Mb]) and they also have a batch of 10 screens.
Thanks Tannhauser and an anonymous reader.
More information.

The anonymous reader is me.

I can fill in my name from now on, as long as you promise not to credit me. I hate being credited.

Great vid, yay, good job NMA! Oh, wait...

Damn... that hurts... like a sweet punch to the gut.

once again, I'm not impressed by the shots being released on Van Buren. It just screams of rehash. Maybe a little more 3d, but still rehash.

I forget if Beth owns any of this material now. Can anyone confirm?

I'm sure Bethsoft own the material but they won't be using any of it.

You do need to bear in mind this is a years-old tech demo - it's hardly surprising that is doesn't impress. ;)

Really hurts to see this video... the game didn't look as bad as you would think if you have a look at the screenshots. Too bad we'll never see Van Buren :(

Would've been so good - what a shame.

If combat was going to be real-time, then it takes a lot of the pain away.

If combat was going to be real-time, then it takes a lot of the pain away.

It wasn't. The combat you see is the combat as implemented for Jefferson (Baldur's Gate 3), they had not yet implemented Van Buren combat for the tech demo:
J.E. Sawyer said:
The game was intended to be played either as turn-based or real-time. Because Jefferson was real-time, that was the first combat mode implemented for Van Buren. Even what's there is only partially working. There's no pause (super sucky) or called shots, but weapons did their proper damage types and values, armor resisted properly, and it actually did calculate hit location. In the combat log, it will say where the shots hit and the characters will float comments like, "GOD DAMMIT MY EYES!"

EDIT: also, NMA now released the Van Buren demo

Back
Top Bottom