InXile Entertainment - Kickstarter Gets Closer

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Something bugs me.

https://twitter.com/#!/BrianFargo

Barely over 1000 followers. Pretty big sites like RPS have given him the limelight right? I'm kind of getting the impression he isn't kicking up the enthusiasm one could expect from someone hoping for a $1M crowdfunding campaign.

I could be wrong. The number of Twitter followers isn't the most reliable measurement of popularity, but 1000 followers still seems like a very small number.

Charles has a point but I think it can change quickly. Schafer had ~68,000 followers when he launched their Kickstarter. That said, Fargo has been in the background for some time and hasn't built the same (recent) profile as Schafer. I still think the project will get widespread coverage and some serious coin. Maybe not more than Double Fine but enough to be successful.

I think it's going to be called #2 The Wastes :D

He's a CEO, not a Kardashian.

Ha, nice one.

It will be interesting to see how successful their kickstarter will be. I definitely could be tempted to support it. My only concern is that both Hunted and Bard's Tale seemed to be pretty stale. I must admit that I haven't played them but it does make me a bit hesitant as to whether InXile are able to pull it off. Hopefully they will prove me wrong.

So is it official that it's actually going to be Wasteland 2, or is that just a working title?

Not even a working title. It doesn't have a title yet.

Maybe not more than Double Fine but enough to be successful.

It doesn't need remotely as much as DF ended up getting, but significantly more than DF set as its minimum.

Back
Top Bottom