Age of Decadence - Preview @ Universal Gaming

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Universal Gaming previews the Early Access build of Age of Decadence.

Hello everybody, Shaun Meyers (Kyo Akiara) here to bring you our latest Early Access Previews article. This time I’m giving you a look at post-apocalyptic RPG based on the fall of the Roman Empire known as The Age of Decadence. Since this is only a preview and the game is still under active development much of the game is subject to change by the time of release and there are many features and areas not in the game. I won’t be going very in-depth due to this fact as well and I’ll save the full amount of details for when the game is released in the future.
More information.

What is certainly important to specify is that what is shown in this video is only one of several possible paths.
The main interest of this game, in my opinion, is that there's a lot of paths possible, and they may be really different, so you really have fun when you've finish one, to start another from scratch.
Not only there are lots of different choices within one class (thieve, assassin, merchant, so on) but there are other choices if you choose another class, so you can spend really a lot of time exploring the different possibilities.
And some things can really only be discovered by a specific class doing something specific, so the more different choices/paths you try, the more things you discover.
It's NOT like in usual RPG when, after having finished the game with your first character, you'll get mainly the same adventure if you decide to start from scratch with another character. The only real difference you'll have would be that instead of killing your ennemies with a sword (if you were a warrior the first time), you'll be killing them with magic if you decided to be magician the second time, but the ennemies and enigma to solve and PNJ and dungeons to explore will be the same.
In Age of Decadence the adventure will be very different between your 2 characters.

Just bought it, have to say what a great game. Combat is refreshing!

Last edited:
I dig it. This is a game that actually rewards you for playing "permadeath," which I like to do but don't always actually do. Here, it doesn't feel punishing. You can start over with a different kind of character and it isn't dull to do the same stuff again. It's quite different the next time around.

Back
Top Bottom