Keep on the Borderlands 1.0.0 Full Version released

rjshae

Periapt vs Paronomasia
RPGWatch Donor
I saw this one on ModDB:

It's been a long time coming…

The Circle of Eight Team ( www.Co8.org ) is proud to announce that the Keep on the Borderlands mod is finished and available for download: get it right here at ModDB.

Keep on the Borderlands 1.0.0

What is Keep on the Borderlands?

KotB is a new module - or total conversion, if you prefer - for the Atari game Temple of Elemental Evil. It was created by modders at the Circle of Eight fansite and freely distributed. It requires the original Temple of Elemental Evil game, patched to patch 2. It does not require any other mods from Co8, such as Co8 8.0: it is a separate module to ToEE and not a mod of it.

kotb_100_media_01.jpg
kotb_100_media_02.jpg

KotB is for starting level players. It attempts to push many elements of the ToEE engine to their limits, using the engine's capacity for animations, quests, skills, feats and dialogue, as well as combat, to produce an adventure game in the classic puzzle-solving mode. There is considerably more thought required to finish KotB than ToEE: though all the information is still given in the game, and it is not excessively difficult, just more thoughtful than the original game.

kotb_100_media_03.jpg
kotb_100_media_04.jpg

The aim of the game is simple. The player controls one or more characters who have arrived at the Keep on the Borderlands seeking fame, fortune and adventure. The player needs only talk to the NPCs of the Keep and surrounding locales, and role-play their character, to find a variety of adventures, culminating in a journey to the infamous Caves of Chaos, where the party can fight, work for, manipulate or despoil the various tribes of monsters.

Features of Keep on the Borderlands

Keep on the Borderlands expands on ToEE's excellent simulation of the D&D3.5 engine with the following additional features:

New skills - Alchemy, Handle Animal, Climb, Use Rope, Knowledge (Nature), Speak Language, Disguise and Forgery (NPC only) - and additional uses for skills such as Appraise, Perform, Spellcraft and Sleight-of-Hand
New class abilities such as Wild Empathy, Slow Fall, Illiteracy, new familiars, better control over animal companions, new spells, Domain skills, class-specific quests
New racial abilities such as Stonecunning and racial languages
Over 60 new maps to explore, with more interactive environments (such as desks, shelves and cupboards commonplace) and over 40 quests
Heaps of new and classic equipment from the PHB such as Disguise and Climbing kits, new magic items, and many alchemical items.
Deeper, more thoughtful quest progressions, usually with multiple ways of completing quests.
Day / night routines for most NPCs.
'Black Market economy' with stolen items and fences.
And of course the new spells, new equipment and bugfixes that Co8 brought to ToEE, including more than 60 new feats.

Please post feedback at www.Co8.org, and enjoy!

If it came about 6 years ago I'd be all over it :lol:

Unfortunately it's been almost ten years now. ToEE is one of my all time favorites but I haven't the slightest clue where my game disks are....

Woah, thanks Bob! I'll get ToEE from Gog and then pick this up. Ought to be a nice weekend.

Lol. I went to Gpg to get the game and already have it :)

Keep on the Borderlands was the first P&P module I ever played back in 1980. All time classic by the man Gary Gygax.

Whoa! I was wondering if they would every release this :p I loved their work with ToEE and the engine and played some other their other mods... I have the CD's...the question is how easy it is to get going ...I seem to recall a bit of pain last time (under Win7 64-bit).

Lol, I can't leave the first room. I'm supposed to use a search tool that is in each player's inventory and I've tried everything I can think of to interact with this. Don't know if I'm just missing something, or if the game doesn't even work. I get an item transfer error on everything I attempt.

Aye, that's a nuisance. They have a forum, so you could try posting a query there.

Back
Top Bottom