Age of Decadence - November Update

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Iron Tower Studio's has posted the latest development update for Age of Decadence.

We finally released the first two chapters on Steam’s Early Access, which is a major milestone. If you missed the news, the Early Access release gives you 10 locations, which represents about 60% of the game. Three more locations will be added after the New Year, and the remaining seven end-game locations will be released in the summer (we’re planning to start the final beta-test in April-May 2014).

So far, we sold 3,332 copies on Steam and 1,929 copies via our own site and GamersGate, generating $141,780. As always, we want to thank you for your support, patronage, and most importantly, for your faith in our ability to make a game worth playing.

To-date 6,107 people downloaded the demo on Steam; 417 bought the Early Access version after, i.e. 6.8% conversion rate, which, apparently, is pretty good (the industry standards are 1-5% for non-casual games), which means that we need to get the demo in front of more people.

The launch highlighted many issues and generated a lot of feedback, so we spent the last 4 weeks working on the first update. Due to some unforeseen problems, we won't be able to upload the new version to BMT until next week, but the update is out on Steam. We can provide the Steam keys if you want to try it out (In before "You sold out to Steam!!")
icon_wink.gif
More information.

Props for having the balls to post your sales figures.

Indeed, that's great.

So it will be June/July until we see a final release?

Oh, cptbarkey! :roll:

Interesting data.

I haven't played the demo personally (well I played the very old one from way back, but not the Steam one). Still unsure about buying the game, I've been waiting for it for too long I think and I just moved on by now.

i'll eat my left foot when they give and stick to a release date.

Are you going to post pictures?

You should get it, if you like turn-based combat and aren't afraid of some difficulty. Hell, I looked on the Steam forums last night. Even in that realm of endless bitching, AoD was receiving a warm reception...just questions about how to get past certain parts and a little complaining about the difficulty...and a surprising number of compliments.

I'm surprised by how little attention is payed to this on the Watch. Probably higher on my list than Wasteland 2 or D:OS.

I'll buy it the day it's "finished" (I know, crpgs are almost never finished but whatever).

But for some reason I can't bring myself to pre-order it, which is even odder considering I've backed like 8 kickstarters (and one of them was Dead State!). Maybe I should make their pre-order page my homepage so I drunkenly buy it some day…hmmm.

Back
Top Bottom