Eschalon: Book II - Development Update

magerette

Hedgewitch
Basilisk Games has posted a brief update on the progress of Eschalon: Book II, sequel to their original old school cRPG, Eschalon:Book I. Sounds like prospects are now for a late 2009 or early 2010 release.
Here's the full post:
As promised, here is the official Book II development update:

The game is coming along very well. We had an early alpha test in September which resulted in over 100 fixes/suggestions. The month of October has been spent preparing the game to be submitted to the 2010 Independent Game Festival (entry deadline is November 1). That means we didn't get a lot of late game content done, but we did apply a whole bunch of "bling" to the make the game look and sound its best!

In terms of engine development, everything is essentially in place and working. Just a couple of minor tasks still exist in the "ToDo" list for programming. Sound and music has come a long way as part of the October bling makeover. As for game content, we are still behind where we are scheduled to be (we are about three months behind where we thought we'd be with content now) but we are making great advances daily. With programming and polish mostly out of the way, we are moving full-steam ahead with content.

The big question is: will Book II make it out before the end of 2009? Honestly it is looking a bit doubtful, but we are not forecasting any kind of significant delay. Our next big internal test is scheduled for early December, and we hope that leads into the semi-public beta test a few weeks after that. If all goes well, a January release is certainly possible! Besides, after the chaos of the holidays, that would be a perfect time to sit down with a good old-fashion RPG and burn away the rest of the winter months!

More info to come!

More information.

Great! Do what needs to be done, please. Thanks for the update!

This sounds great. Way too many great games this year. Hopefully, this trend will continue. I'll be broke, but at least I'll have something to do while I'm broke ;).

If we time it right, we'll flow from Risen, to DA:O, to Div2 and finish up with this. For dessert, there'll be Venetica, Arcania and U6P!! :)

Fortunately it was delayed too many things now... I think he could sell more by delaying it too..... this year is truly a great year for RPG lovers... and the next one looks to shape up good too now :D :D

@Dhruin--your welcome--I spent more time double checking to make sure it hadn't already been posted than I did putting it up. ;-)

This is probably one of my most anticipated games and I think January is a perfect time saleswise. There's never anything to buy in the winter after the holidays here, and if the price is comparable to the first time around, this will still be able to fit into people's post-Christmas budgets. Plus my birthday is in January...;)

If we time it right, we'll flow from Risen, to DA:O, to Div2 and finish up with this. For dessert, there'll be Venetica, Arcania and U6P!! :)

... and Drakensang: River of Time :)

Yeah, I think Basilisk said something about novish to dec for me to Beta, so I think end of dec/early jan is probably about right.

Back
Top Bottom