S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat - Review Mini-Roundup

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Here's a handful of Call of Pripyat reviews, courtesy of Blue's.

...and a sample from GameSpot:
And what environs they are. Shacks dot the grassy landscapes, cracks open in the earth's crust, and the famed Pripyat Ferris wheel looms beyond a barbed-wire fence. Storms rage across the skies, and frightening radioactive emissions spread across The Zone, threatening the small pockets of human life that populate it. You encounter groups of bandits fending off mutant attacks or huddled around a fire, camped near a radioactive anomaly. This is a tense, unpredictable, and sometimes scary place where the next step could invite danger or bring respite. You get some forewarning of some attacks, such as the frenzied barking of mutated dogs before a pack of them descend upon you. But other times, the darkness hides a shocking surprise, like a new enemy to the series called the burer. These misshapen dwarves are like mutant poltergeists, flinging objects at you and even telekinetically yanking your weapon out of your hands. A sinister encounter with one of these creatures in the center of Pripyat near the end of the game is one of several nail-biting highlights.
More information.

Stalker, the last hope of PC.

Sounds good ... hope I get to play it sometime soon ...

Kinda offtopic but I'm curious.
Were the bugs in the original Stalker and Clear Sky fixed?
I still have my SoC disk around here and I'm thinking of reinstalling.

SoC was eventually patched into glorious working order. Clear Sky received a number of patches as well, but I could never get past the first 10 hours of that game for some reason /shrug

Kinda offtopic but I'm curious.
Were the bugs in the original Stalker and Clear Sky fixed?
I still have my SoC disk around here and I'm thinking of reinstalling.

Some, but not all of them were fixed by the devs. There's an unofficial patch/mod for SoC that fixes remaining bugs. I don't remember what it's called, but you can get it at the forum over at GSC. There's probably one for Clear Sky by now as well.

Thanks,I'll look into that,good to know communities are working on such great games.

Sounds good … hope I get to play it sometime soon …

Awesome ... just heard I have a review copy coming (and also Shiren the Wanderer for Wii) ... but the east coast blizzard has delayed shipment until Monday ...

Back
Top Bottom