Pricewatch!

Contemplating this… It looks very interesting.
Worth it? Impressions?
Hmm… looks interesting. I'd like to know if anyone else has tried it, too.

Absolutely! It is a very interesting game, unlike anything that has been done before or since. You are leading a tribe who settle in the dangerous "Dragon Pass" in Glorantha (this game is set in the world that the pen & paper roleplaying game RuneQuest takes place in), and it is your job to make sure that your tribe prospers.
You do this by appointing people into different positions, and by managing your tribe's resources (this part is actually pretty deep). The main draw of the game though is the events, which will basically build a story around your tribe. Several times each season events will happen that you will have to respond to, it might be that you find a group of humanoid ducks living peacefully in the countryside, or that you find a dead dragon, a person from another tribe that has escaped and wishes to seek shelter in your tribe or that your neighbors are raiding your fields (or plenty of other events, there really are a lot of them), each one having a lot of different possible actions, and depending on how you respond you will shape the world around you. For an example if you chose to make armour of the dragon's scale, the dragon might come back, reborn into a new body (dragons are basically immortal in that setting), and if you can't defend yourself, you will suffer a lot of losses… but if you can defend yourself, then you will get yet another suit of dragon armour. On the other hand, if you chose to respect the dead dragon, it might aid you in the future. And there are often no true "right" answer, it all depends on how you want to shape your tribe.

The game does have a win condition, but I don't think that aiming for the win condition is the most fun way to play the game. It is far more fun to just build a story around the tribe.

By the way, more indie bundles! (Yes, I know, these are incredibly common these days)
Indie Gala
Dangerous Waters
Battle Mages: Sign of Darkness
Sentinel 3: Homeworld
Superstar V8 Racing
and beat the average:
Ghost Master
Dark Fall: Lost Souls
Achtung panzer: Operation Star
Space Empires V
Sacred Gold

Achtung panzer is not a very famous game, but from what I've heard, it is supposed to be one of the best wargames on the market right now (though this is according to wargaming enthusiasts, so it might be a bit too much for a more casual wargamer)

Indie Royale
Shattered Horizon
Analogue: A hate Story
Da New Guys
Super Amazing Wagon Adventure
Waves
MiniFlake

This one is actually containing indie games...

Indie Face Kick
Fixed minimum price at $8, no steam or desura keys.
Adam's Venture: Episode 1
Desert Gunner
Operation Matriarchy
Hard Truck Apocalypse
Hellforces
The Entente: Battlefields World War

Operation Matriarchy & The Entente are apparently garbage (with Operation Matriarchy almost being Stalin vs. Martians level garbage)

Again 3 games for 49€ at MM starting tomorrow. Here's the PC list. You can also choose from games for the 3 console platforms.

The Darkness 2
Fussball Manager 12
Batman - Arkham City
Call of Duty - Modern Warfare 2
Risen 2
Assassin's Creed Revelations
Spec Ops - The Line
GTA 4 Complete Edition
Dawn of War 2 Complete Edition
Call of Duty - Modern Warfare 3
Might & Magic Heroes 6
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
Civilization 5
The Elder Scrolls 4 - Oblivion (Jubiläumsausgabe)
Skylanders - Starter Pack inkl. 3 Figuren
Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition (-> uncut!)
Rage
Call of Duty 4

Could be MediaMarkt, but I don't see such offer on their site. :(
And also what is "uncut" in FNV ultimate?

MM = Media Markt. Part of MSH (Media-Saturn Holding). Belongs to Metro Group. I guess Best Buy is comparable. MSH has ca. 60-70% retail market share in the German games market.

Amazon usually counters their offers.

MM has a couple of other interesting things in tomorrow's multimedia flyer:
- an EIZO 23" TFT with an IPS panel for 149€
- a 64GB SSD for 39€
- a Toshiba media-player / HDD (plays everything and has slots for a lot of stuff) 2 GB 139€, 1 GB 99€.

All prices include VAT, as usual in Europe.

Could be MediaMarkt, but I don't see such offer on their site. :(
And also what is "uncut" in FNV ultimate?

Yes, Media Markt.

F3 was cut and it still is. If you want to play it uncut in Germany you have to import.

F:NV was censored too, although not as much. The re-release is uncensored. Of course it got the same rating. This offer is the cheapest retail opportunity so far for buying an uncensored F:NV in Germany. Only the last Steam sale was cheaper.

In the meantime Zenimax has opened a German office. Looks like they have somebody who understands the German rating procedure now. ;)

Flyer DL (pdf).

wow - that sounds too good to be true

I do know the original SSD's you don't want to touch with a 10' pole. IIRC they used a standard USB connection as an interface instead of a proper full SATA.

got any link or Amazon equivalent? Could be interesting to see if there's a comparative to this side of the pond on those brand and model numbers.

I doubt they ship internationally. Their online shop is more a vehicle to drive traffic into their retail stores.

Amazon offers should come tomorrow.

OMG, the EIZO TFT even has pivot and a DP connector.

I doubt they ship internationally. Their online shop is more a vehicle to drive traffic into their retail stores.
Crap, I'll have to check if any friend of mine is traveling to Austria soon (I'm from Croatia). Won't hope much, but at least I know there could be some similar great offers here or elsewhere.

Thanks anyway!

I thought you were going strictly by price - its still a good one. Over here Eizo doesn't seem to sell anything for less than $300 - explains why I've never noticed them. Your price is about $186.

Closest Newegg comes to that then is the LG for $169 but I don't trust LG tv's or monitors - but heck, I shouldn't trust Acer either ;) .

I thought you were going strictly by price - its still a good one. Over here Eizo doesn't seem to sell anything for less than $300 - explains why I've never noticed them. Your price is about $186.

This monitor usually sells for a liitle above 300€ here. I bought one. Fine piece of hardware -just a little small for FullHD. ;)

Crisp picture quality (after I disabled the power saving) - leagues ahead of my old TN-panel TFT, non-reflecting display, very stable foot (already connected to the panel), all cables included (cheap monitors usually lack the one cable you need!), 5 years warranty.
The few few things which prevent it from being perfect:
- no HDMI (but the Disply Port I wanted!)
- The power cable connector is not tight enough. This is literally crying "loose connection".
- FullHD on a 23" feels compressed. Give me 2" more. ;) It is better than 1680*1050 on 22" though.

I haven't played games yet, though. According to the interweb it should be fine though.

full HD? Is it 16:10 then instead of 16:9 - or do you just mean 1080p?

it would sound like a TV instead of a monitor except for the lack of an HDMI port. No biggie as all you need is an adapter to go DVI to HDMI.

The German magazine "PC Games" comes with Trine in their 9/2012 issue.
The "PC Games Extended" is claimed to have an "guide to all treasure chests". I only saw that when I had bought the regular magazine, of course.

For Dishonoured, by the way, I have seen an officiel "exclusive" steel case that's being sold for 5 Euros. No contents ! It ist just a steel case for the game, nothing more !

full HD? Is it 16:10 then instead of 16:9 - or do you just mean 1080p?
1080p is the 16:9 FullHD resolution.

it would sound like a TV instead of a monitor except for the lack of an HDMI port. No biggie as all you need is an adapter to go DVI to HDMI.
Yes, I don't need the HDMI port because my Radeon card has a DP connector. It was even better for me to use DP because I can still attach 2 monitors on the DVI & HDMI branch. So I can now use 2 monitors and the TV.

For Dishonoured, by the way, I have seen an officiel "exclusive" steel case that's being sold for 5 Euros. No contents ! It ist just a steel case for the game, nothing more !

Just the usual pre-order box. Happens quite often.

Back
Top Bottom