Unwritten:Echoes of Twilight - Funding Unsuccessful

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
With one day left and with no chance of getting funded Druid Gameworks has a new update with news the project will be relaunching in November.

We're Coming Back in November!

Only 48 hours remain of our campaign here and even the most optimistic among us has to concede a round one victory to the Kickstarter gods. That said, we are far from defeated! In the last couple weeks we've really taken on the feedback from our backers here and applied it to a new Kickstarter campaign with a smaller goal, loads more content prepared for sharing, lots of cool new rewards, and more!

Even though this campaign wasn't funded, we're very grateful to have had this first run. Coming into it not one of us had any experience with Kickstarter, even weeks of research and planning couldn't teach us what a live project could. This one helped us iron out the kinks in our presentation and we plan to make a strong return.

If you have been promoting our campaign or plan to continue promoting (which makes yo awesome), please update your links to our new redirect at http://kickstarter.druidgameworks.com which directs to this page for now but will automatically redirect to the new campaign once it's live!

Thanks again to everyone who pledged, offered feedback, joined our community, and just cheered along the way, you've inspired us in ways you will never know. Thank you for believing in us, we'll see you in November!

- The Druid Gameworks Dev Team
More information.

Try coming up with a name that doesn't induce projectile vomiting. This one even beats the usual RPG-generic-name-generator fodder.

I see nothing wrong with the title so as they say whatever. As for me I just hate how long the title is to fit in news-bits.:)

Dunno why I didn't pledge on this one, but I bet it was because I don't want to play a mounted bear's head on a human body.

Another attempt with a smaller goal makes me raise an eyebrow every time. It seems to me that original goals are always the more realistic one, the one devs think they'll really need for the project. Succeeding attempts with smaller goals just reads "we need more but we'll settle for this just to get more funding and worry about actually finishing it later" to me.

Try coming up with a name that doesn't induce projectile vomiting. This one even beats the usual RPG-generic-name-generator fodder.

A lot of these small kickstarter projects tend to struggle with the setting and story aspects of the game. I think most projects would be better off defaulting to a more realistic medieval setting rather than doing vanilla fantasy badly.

Hope they research other sucessfull campaigns first, their reward tiers were all wrong (many expensives ones, exclusive KS DLCs...)

I think most projects would be better off defaulting to a more realistic medieval setting rather than doing vanilla fantasy badly.
Do you really think so? I lean towards If you're not going to do something original, don't bother. The writing is at the same time the cheapest part of the whole project and typically the responsibility of the lead developer. If you're not willing to put in the effort there, it reflects poorly on the whole project. Of course I might be biased.

Do you really think so? I lean towards If you're not going to do something original, don't bother. The writing is at the same time the cheapest part of the whole project and typically the responsibility of the lead developer. If you're not willing to put in the effort there, it reflects poorly on the whole project. Of course I might be biased.

It's just that there are so many really bad fantasy works even among published stuff. For every RR Martin there are 10,000 also rans. The writing, setting, pacing, characterisation etc. certainly shouldn't be the cheapest part of the project, in reality that's what differentiates a decent game and the technical bits are just there to support them.

I lost interest in this from the beginning as they didn't have their pitch video ready for the launch. I just watched it now and think it was pretty well done. The narrator was good and they showed that they had given the setting some thought. Unfortunately, it seems like it was one of those projects were they had very little concrete to show. There concept art, I think, was good but they didn't manage to go beyond that. For instance, showing a promotional video for the Havok Vision Engine didn't impress me. When you are not a well-known entity it is hard getting 500k at face value.

Back
Top Bottom