The Witcher 2 - Collector's Edition Revealed

Dhruin

SasqWatch
The official Witcher site says Premium and Collector's Editions will be officially unveiled on Thursday but VG247 has noticed a massive listing at Gamestop in the meantime. The current pricetag (which may not be final) is an enormous $129.99 and here's the content listing:
* The Vernon Roche Commando Jacket, which is: Available only in Collector’s Edition; Unique item, obtained through one of the early-on quests; Very valuable object, that when equipped noticeably boosts player’s sword-fighting abilities; Customization-wise, one of the best jackets the player will be able to find throughout the game (especially for sword-related character build).
* Making-of DVD
* Official Soundtrack
* World Map
* Art Book
* Geralt Sculpture
* Temerian Coin
* Dice Set
* 3 Stickers
* Playing Cards and Rulebook
* Cursed Coin and Pamphlet
* Two Papercraft Figures + Bonus
* Game disc
More information.

Superb. A real collectors edition. I am beginning to save some money for it. This and for the royal edition of Two Worlds 2. If only I have enough money. :-/

I do want.

However, I'm a bit confused how an in game jacket will increase my own sword fighting abilities ;)

It's very nice, but I think it's a little too flashy.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the price tag increase, and I hope that there'll be a cheaper special edition with the soundtrack and some other bonuses.

I really like Collector's Editions, tend to collect them (what a suprise). But what I personally don't like in a CE are InGame Items, because that somehow feels like "cheating" (of course, you don't have to use them, but that feels strange to, as if you're somehow missing something).

The rest (sculpture, coin, dice, cards) sounds like it really could be worth the 130$, let's wait if this is really the content - and of course, it depends on the box itself, too, because great content in a shabby box isn't a good idea (one of may favorite CEs is the Anno 1701 limited box, made from real wood :)). Making of and Soundtracks are ok, I guess, but honestly, that feels like... "What do we have that's there anyway? Oh, yes, let's press the music on a CD... Oh, and let the developers make some bla bla talking, doesn't have to be more an hour."

If only the dice set included the ornate dice box featured in the first game. Then it would be a done deal for me :)

A "cursed coin" ? I don't want it.
It might be cursed. ;)

I really like Collector's Editions, tend to collect them (what a suprise). But what I personally don't like in a CE are InGame Items, because that somehow feels like "cheating" (of course, you don't have to use them, but that feels strange to, as if you're somehow missing something).
Nah, I don't think they are. They're often so poor or inconsequential that they make a small difference but they don't make/break the game.

I still have the CE of the first game. Everything is still in the box, I only opened it to get the game out for installation. And this one even has more stuff I probably won't need....

I still have the CE of the first game. Everything is still in the box, I only opened it to get the game out for installation. And this one even has more stuff I probably won't need….

You didn't even read the art book? It's a great art book, actually with some decent text as well.

As much as I love The Witcher, I think $130 is a bit steep for what they're offering. I would like to see a photo though...

As much as I love The Witcher, I think $130 is a bit steep for what they're offering. I would like to see a photo though…

I'll just purchase a regular version thank you and save my precious money.

I like the map , i have a fetish for maps and the in game vest is probably really useful . All the other trinkets is pure garbage im talkin about really throwing it in the trash one year later. Oh the art book looks nice im a sucker for art . Maybe 80.00 but 130.00 NO THANKS.

The pic of the CE is on the voodooextreme website; however the original source on gamestop already being pulled down for some reason.

Wow, that is a high price for a collectors edition. I will settle for either the premier edition or standard edition.

THAT WORLD MAP BETTER BE CLOTH! Seriously, every CE that has a PAPER world map is an insta-no for me (Thereby giving me plenty of excuses not to buy these editions ;))

Also, what's the deal with cramming in figurines into the editions? Is anyone even AT ALL interested in these things? They must raise the price a lot and I wouldn't even take 'em out of the box. I might check out those playing cards though ;)

Standard digital edition for me. Cheaper, same game, no crap that has no purpose.

Apart from the fact that you just can't buy a standard digital edition at launch in Germany that is cheaper than the standard box edition at some online shop ...

what "crap" that has "purpose" would you buy?

P.S.
Instant preoder for me - no questions asked.

Back
Top Bottom