Playstation 4

Lucky Day

Daywatch
Playstation 4 and XBox One

PS4 is out today. Figured we should have a thread.

Can you believe its been 7 years since the PS3? Anyone have it yet?

I saw it previewed yesterday on "Fallon". But for those games you have to buy the optional camera, something the XB1 comes with.

Last edited:
I have a PS 3, and hardly ever use it. Honestly, it's more of a dvd movie player for me than anything else. I played maybe 5 games on it, Red Dead Redemption being the best one by far. I seriously doubt I'll get a Playstation 4. My computer is a far better entertaining device.

I'm not even considering it right now due to the lack of backwards compatibility.

That said, I've eventually owned every Playstation so far, so I'll probably give it a look in about a year.

this morning on NPR they were reporting that Sony made the claim they were the number one device used for Netflix last year. They are really pushing the gaming features of this one this time but what might sell me on this in the future is its lack of a need for a subscription. But it would need to be a DVR with a tuner, and I don't think it is. XB1 may have a tuner I understand.

Only reason I'm picking up a PS4 soon is for the next-gen basketball games. They weren't ported to PC this year. Oh, and Diablo 3 multiplayer with my dad, when that game comes out.

I've had mine for a couple hour but haven't been able to log on to psn.

Ps4 was fun now I'll get back to my pc.

It was at my doorstep when I got back from work :) Problem is, can't connect to PSN as their network is overwhelmed right now. I don't have any games to play with it yet, but since it comes with a free month of Playstation Plus which has a bunch of free games, I was hoping to try that. Guess it'll be tomorrow.

I bought the PS3 in part because of the huge PS2 jRPG catalog and expected PS3 to continue that but it didn't really so not really interested yet. Not sure of any killer game that will make me buy one at this time as PS3 still works great for me. I use to use it for video streaming from NAS (PS3 >>>> Xbox 360 for video format compatibility) as well as Amazon Prime and Netflix before I canceled that. Like JDR13 i've owned every PS so far and will likely seriously consider within next year especially if there is a price cut (or killer game).

PS3 was a real stinker as far as RPG exclusives go. And that's coming from someone who really enjoyed the much chagrined Star Ocean 4.

I'll wait a few years and take a look at how the catalogue of games evolves.

Oficial release in Greece, December 14. I really do not need a ps4 right now, as i have some titles to get for ps3.

Though, being so close to Christmass, it teases me as a nice gift

The reviews on Amazon are brutal. Lots of people claiming its bricked in under 1 hour of use if it worked at all. Looks like the start of another black eye for Sony. Amazon is refunding console and any games purchased apparently.

I'll wait for the inevitable slim revision.

It's already quite slim as it is, this is no PS3. In fact it's very similar to the PS2, which I like, I always hated the curved PS3 as you wasted that space to put stuff on it :)

I thought the PS4 would be in stores for a few days before being sold out. Silly me. Guess I have to wait 2-4 weeks for another shipment to arrive. Ugh. They won't even take my money when I clearly want to give it to them! Why such a hassle?

this morning on NPR they were reporting that Sony made the claim they were the number one device used for Netflix last year. They are really pushing the gaming features of this one this time but what might sell me on this in the future is its lack of a need for a subscription. But it would need to be a DVR with a tuner, and I don't think it is. XB1 may have a tuner I understand.

That Netflix thing got a lot of traction and shows the power of a properly worded press release got get sound-byte quoted and lose some nuance.

First off it was for 2012. Also, it says 'living room CONNECTED device' ... meaning it is more popular than X360, Wii, Roku or AppleTV. There was nuance where they said 'at times' it surpassed PC viewing, and didn't begin to address smartphones or tablets.

And it is sad to see all the bricking going on :(

It's hard to tell how much "blue light of death" is really going on. Some for sure but is it 10% or 0.1%?

I actually got an XBox 360 because it looked like it was going to get more RPGs. I guess it did but it still wasn't many. I hope we see more for the next generation but its hard to buy one for console when a better version is likely to show up for PC.

I'm exclusively a PC gamer (well excep for the occasional iPhone game when traveling). So, won't be getting one.

Though there are some pretty sweet PS3 deals for Black Friday ... maybe time for me to get a Blu Ray player ;)

It's hard to tell how much "blue light of death" is really going on. Some for sure but is it 10% or 0.1%?

I actually got an XBox 360 because it looked like it was going to get more RPGs. I guess it did but it still wasn't many. I hope we see more for the next generation but its hard to buy one for console when a better version is likely to show up for PC.

it's not as bad, problem is basically Amazon reviews make it look like it's really pandemic, when it's more of those who got it fine didn't feel like going in to Amazon and post a review, while if the one you got was broken, you do want to cry out to the world.

Back
Top Bottom