Might & Magic X - The Quest for Might & Magic X

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Might & Magic X has another developer blog update talking about the process it took to enable the game to be developed.

Creating a video game is a huge endeavour mobilizing the energy and effort of dozens of people, so nobody can really say “this is my game”. This is also the case for Might & Magic X. However, I can at least brag that I’m the one responsible for Might & Magic X being in development in the first place :)

Might & Magic X: Legacy has been in development for more than a year now (the first proof-of-concept prototypes were created in May 2012), but this is only the culmination of an arduous journey, the latest chapter of a long adventure that, for me, started in January 2004. Back then, I was an 18 years-old geek having just graduated in Applied Arts, dreaming of working in the video game industry.

I had been a fan of the Might & Magic series since the early nineties, having started with Might & Magic II on the Sega Mega Drive. So when I learned that Ubisoft (whose offices were virtually two streets from my small, one-room flat) was buying the rights to Might & Magic from the then-dying 3DO Company, I was at first thrilled. All I had to do was to be hired by Ubisoft to work on my favourite series, right? How hard could that be?
More information.

Something seems wrong with the math in this story. He was a big fan of Might & Magic II, when he was ~7 years old? And etc?

Back
Top Bottom