DA: The Awakening - Velanna Video

Great, another Bioware sequel that ignores previous romances. I'd like my characters not being James Bond for just once.

Last edited:
I don't know what is the RPGWatch's policy regarding news and opinion, but I would prefer news posts like this to be more neutral. There were other examples in the past (I think also from you, Dhruin), where I ended up thinking the same.

God forbid anyone shows any personality or opinions :roll:

You'll have to put up with it, I'm sorry…
Hear hear! It's your site, do what you want. I think RPGWatch's fanbase, and the donations to keep it going, shows we like your style.

Why do people come out of the woodwork to stand up for Bioware anyway? Do you think they're in danger of losing market share because of Dhruin's little jab?

Just so long as you're aware that many of us enjoy the current style, including the odd little witty jab. I understand it can be a difficult thing to balance.

I've noticed that in a few places people have been making things up abour Awakenings. One of the big falsehoods is that romances in Origins are not recognised in Awakenings. They absolutely are recognised, just not carried forward in the way they were in, say, ToB. If you married Alistair in Origins, you're still married in Awakenings.

Also, I'm not sure why some people are so upset about people being allowed to use their dead characters. If you don't like it, don't do it. Bioware basically said that it's a non-cannon option there for those players who care more about being able to import their characters than about continuity. If you choose not to do it, it doesn't affect you, why the anger?

Personally I would have a rough time keeping it as 'straight' as these guys do if I was posting the volume of news they do. Heck, on one of the other sites I write for we are actively *discouraged* from posting too straight ... :)

Also, I'm not sure why some people are so upset about people being allowed to use their dead characters. If you don't like it, don't do it. Bioware basically said that it's a non-cannon option there for those players who care more about being able to import their characters than about continuity. If you choose not to do it, it doesn't affect you, why the anger?
The way I understood, if you died at the end of Origins you can't import decisions you've made and play the expansion as Warden from Orlais. Could be wrong, though..

Back
Top Bottom