Bioshock Infinite - DLC's and Interview

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Bioshock Infinite had three DLC announcements today. Those that have a season pass will get them free, and the rest of you will have to pay the usual $5-15.

First up is Bioshock Infinite: Clash in the Clouds.

It's an arena style series of challenges pitting Booker against Columbia's worst men and monsters. With 60 "Blue ribbon challenges", dedicated players who beat them all will gain access to "The Columbian Archeological Society", a form of in-game museum full of new voxophones and statues to admire. Online leaderboards are also included to pit yourself against infinite Bookers.
Next we have a two part DLC called Burial at Sea.

It's a two part story-based adventure taking place in Rapture. Named Bioshock Infinite: Burial At Sea, once again focuses on an older Elizabeth and Booker as they explore the underwater city of Rapture before the fall of Andrew Ryan.
And lastly Ken Levine is interviewed by Gametrailers.

More information.

I sure am interested in a pre-downfall Rapture.

Sounds as separately crappy as always - but I knew that.

At the VERY least - I hope they integrate any additional Vigors/Gear into the main game.

Oh, and give us quick save for pity's sake.

Those that have a season pass will get them free, and the rest of you will have to pay the usual $5-15.
Actually some of the rest of us won't pay a single coin for that.
A game with "season pass"? InstaNObuy even if it was modern Davinci's Mona Lisa.

I love Ken Levine as a game designer, but his trying to justify doing stuff like putting dudebro Booker on the gamebox cover because it "tests well with fratboys" rubs me the wrong way.

I don't want DLC for Infinite. I didn't want it for Bioshock 1 or 2. I don't see the desire for it with such a story-perfect game. There's extremely little incentive, for me at least, to replay any of these games more than once, and that replay being years after the first play... so DLC is kind of pointless for this.

Anything else you want to complain about? ;)

The DLC doesn't require you to replay the main game. This looks interesting enough for me, and I love Rapture as a setting. I'm curious to see how they explain Dewitt being there, but I'm guessing it's just an alternate timeline.

Anything else you want to complain about? ;)

The DLC doesn't require you to replay the main game. This looks interesting enough for me, and I love Rapture as a setting. I'm curious to see how they explain Dewitt being there, but I'm guessing it's just an alternate timeline.

Yeah I think the alternate universes conceit sets them up better for DLC storylines that don't step all over the first story. It's a cliche in scifi sure, but it's not particularly overused in video games and in this case I think it is a very useful one.

all you guys should keep your day jobs if you have 'em.

"an older Elizabeth and Booker"

...?

How does this make any sense given that spoiler spoiler spoiler?

^This, and then I'll buy it, otherwise Infinite is on my indefinite "buy when $5" list.

Yeah, I regret paying almost full-price on it. It is very pretty/stylish, the initial few hours are great because of the setting, style and presentation but after a while I noticed I was getting bored with it. It is basically a bunch of very nice cut-scenes tied together with fairly ordinary shooting galleries in between.

If you like experimenting with different tactics or having to vary your tactics to deal with different enemies, exploration, puzzles or stealthy gameplay, Infinite is pretty weak on all those fronts.

I realised after a while that outside of a couple boss type encounters I didn't need to change my gun, vigors or tactics at all, and even then once you figure out the bosses you can literally just stand in place spamming one vigor and shoot it until it dies. So instead of the "Oh shit! a Handyman!", it was "Ho hum, a Handyman, stand in place, spam vigor, shoot to death". I was playing on hard difficulty.

There just seems to be a lot less variety gameplay wise than there was in the previous Bioshocks. That and I had figured out the 'twist' pretty early on probably didn't help. And checkpoints. I actually got caught in a death loop at one point, repeatedly spawning in the middle of a crowd of enemies. Fun times.

Back
Top Bottom