What games are you playing now?

Does anyone know if the additional content for The Witcher requires starting a new game?

I haven't had time to play much and I'm still in Chapter 2. Games of this magnitude are usually once-throughs whether I want them to be or not - I just don't have the time or the patience, so if the bonus content requires a re-start then I may put TW on the back-burner for a while.

The bonus content looks like two separate modules that you can play independently of the rest of the game-(like HotU or something)-I could be wrong, but that's what it sounds like. All the technical improvements to graphics, language, character models and loads will I assume be in a patch--so even if they aren't compatible with saves, you could still download and play the modules.

And I agree with Sammy--I like the old model for Triss. :)

Thanks Magerette. But what do you and Sammy mean by 'old model?' Where is there an example of the new one? - And I must admit, that line about new model for Triss seemed a bit out of place among the numerous other features. Made it seem like it's a big deal that she is changed. What's wrong with her now?

I was just saying, I think Triss looks fine how she is. Who knows, maybe they'll improve upon her model, but I at least hope they keep her in that dress ='.'=

Yep, me too- I thought she was cool as is--especially that wide-eyed, appraising kind of expression she always had. There's a screenshot(scroll down-it's the second one) in that announcement that shows a red-headed er, 'babe' for want of a better term--who may be Triss but is probably the Princess---either way, the model looks more slender and streamlined than the original versions, but who knows. I couldn't find any other new screens up.

Still, the quality of the artwork has always been excellent, so the new model may be just fine.

that SS is the Princess Adda, I assume after the player has freed her from the curse for the second time in the swamp cemetary's chapel basement. Kinda funny how she still has her royal tiara on, even in a nightie ='.'=

Our Team Corwin NWN sessions are in recess for 3 weeks while I'm away on holidays, but once we're back on track you're still most welcome to join in!!

Finally got new PC!!! So I will be joining NWN session when you are back :) Let's just hope I don't get too much crap from uni. Introduction for thesis is already killing me... SIGH!

ATM, I'm playing HotU and Darkness over Daggerford when I have time. So far pretty good.

After plugging thru Dungeon Siege 2 again just to move into the expansion pack, I've reached my limit. Hit the second mini-boss in the expansion. Got half my party insta-killed within 1 second and the other 2 were reduced so low that the wolf minion killed them. Their attempt to make the game more challenging just made it irritating. So I punted. I'm disappointed, but I'm crossing it off my "to be played" list and moving on.

Decided to hold off on buying The Witcher until the enhanced version comes out.

Been playing Space Rangers 2 off-n-on for the past 8 hours. I think I'm going to like this one a lot.

Playing World of Conflict, almost half way through. First rts game after C&C: Zero Hour years ago.

I confess myself guilty.
I installed D2 yesterday.
I was soooooooooooo frustrated I just needed it.

Penumbra: Black Plague

Not too shabby so far......

Also messing around with some older console RPGs I have running on emulators. Namely some SNES and Sega Saturn titles.

The Sega Saturn titles I actually own, but I'm too lazy to unbox my Saturn and hook it up. Anyone remember Panzer Dragoon Saga?

Just noticed the price for Overlord had gone down, so I went and grabbed it. Played for an hour or so yesterday, and I like it so far. It's not a deep, troubling, challenging role-playing experience where you grapple with ethical dilemmas that keep you awake at night, nor (so far) a fiendishly clever tactical challenge -- but it's light-hearted, genuinely funny, nicely paced, and gives a surprising feel of freedom what with its (rudimentary) quest structure and all.

I'll have more once I finish it.

I gave up on my DCotE replay -- it was tense enough to make me tolerate the bugs and rampant consolitis the first time around, but not a second time through.

Finish World in Conflict; good game but i am not impressed.

Move on to the The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Game of the Year Edition with both Knights of the Nine and Shivering Isles expansions. Heh, graphics looks dated. Anyway looking for mods now before starting game.

I'm kicking off something new next week, I'm just not sure what. My options are:

1) NWN2: MotB - I finished the OC in early January, and heavily leaning towards this.
2) NWN2: OC - Two reasons. First, I read that the evil ending is much better than the good one, so I thought I might play through again, but as an evil character (maybe a thief). Second, I basically bought a new, top end PC a couple weeks ago, and I'd really like to see what it is like playing through with all the settings on high!
3) Ultima IX - yeah, I know OLD and disappointed a lot of people. I never really got into it, partly because I didn't like 3D games at that point and partly because it barely played on the system I had. If I do play, I might use the community script that supposedly makes it more Ultima like.
4) Ultima VII - I played it a little while using Exult year before last, but got too busy with work. May try it again.
5) Start building a NWN2 module. I really want to do this, but I keep putting it off!

Alternating between Medieval 2:Total War and a rehash (it's been almost six months so there is some sense of freshness) of the patched Gothic III at the moment.

Finally got the NWN1 both expansions set for 2,50 Euro.

I've seen a lot of recent posts about games that are available on GameTap. I'm wondering if many of you are using this like I am. I got it mostly so I can get the latest installment of Sam & Max, but I've also played Overlord, some Ultimas, Deus Ex, and a few other games just for fun. Baldur's Gate and Betrayal at Krondor are available as well. Seems like a pretty good value especially if you are a Sam & Max fan, since I'd be paying for these anyway and I'm getting extra content on top of it.

Just noticed the price for Overlord had gone down, so I went and grabbed it....

My favorite game of last year, had a good time w/ it! Be prepared to break lots of stuff, it was amazingly cathartic at times.

It's not very difficult, and the rpg elements are quite light (comes down to forging weapons and armor w/ different properties), and you can pick either good or evil options (basically to kill or not to kill innocents) but it was just a fun (albeit heavily scripted) journey thru a weird fantasy world. You get to remodel your dark tower, and a certain mission decides whether you get a matronly or vixenish concubine.

At first I treated the populace w/ kid gloves and was a benevolent dictator. Then, one day late game I suddenly snapped and razed the town and killed everyone in it. Disturbingly gratifying.

That said, the "evil" is comic evil, and there is no gore or anything. It's all one of those poking-fun-at-fantasy-drama-conventions themes. I liked it

I've seen a lot of recent posts about games that are available on GameTap. I'm wondering if many of you are using this like I am. I got it mostly so I can get the latest installment of Sam & Max, but I've also played Overlord, some Ultimas, Deus Ex, and a few other games just for fun. Baldur's Gate and Betrayal at Krondor are available as well. Seems like a pretty good value especially if you are a Sam & Max fan, since I'd be paying for these anyway and I'm getting extra content on top of it.

I am a huge fan of GameTap and hope to use it more and more over the upcoming months. The only problem I have is that you have no access to game files, so you can't apply any of the cool mods for the BG games.

Overlord has been re-released here in an expanded version with additionals, so to say.

Back
Top Bottom