Skyrim Patch Removal?

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Nerevarine

Keeper of the Watch
I have run into a little issue, and I would appreciate some help, if at all possible: So I started a second character with some mods installed, and I foolishly forgot to disable the "automatically keep this game up to date" in the game's properties on Steam, and the new patch released today has affected a few of my mods. Is there any way to delete/remove a patch for Skyrim?

Arg. Well my first instinct is to start Steam with no internet access, and then run it in offline mode until updates to the mods I use become available. Unchecking "automatically keep this game up to date" hasn't worked in the past. If you missed that opportunity to protect yourself, then maybe you can find someone who has the unpatched files. Steam doesn't keep them around on your machine (although it should).

Damnit!

It autopatched for me as well, despite having had the option to autoupdate unchecked previously ! Script Dragon is broken now, so I have no advanced hotkeys, among other things.

Well at least it appears I'm not alone in this situation ;)

It is absolutely baffling that Steam doesn't have a simple prompt saying, "There is a new update available for (insert game title). Would you like to update?" Then there should be an option to automatically revert back to any selected previous version if problems arise - especially for a game that involves community mods.

For me, it appears that I have solved a few of my new-found problems after the stealth-patch. Apparently, something involving the update shifted around my load order, and after some tweaking I now have everything (relatively) working once again - at least so far. Really wish Steam had a freaking option for whether you want to install an update or not...and I'm pretty sure that disabling auto-update doesn't always work, as I have read in numerous places while looking for a "remove patch" solution that Steam sometimes reverts back to the default option without a prompt.

By the way, still no luck in finding a method for disabling/removing patches and rolling back to a previous version, so to anyone currently playing Skyrim with mods, do not get the update just yet - I am beginning to fear that once you get an update, you are stuck.

Yipe! My setting got changed, too! I *know* I changed that when I downloaded the Script Extender. Thanks to this topic, I started Steam with the modem unplugged and saw my setting was 'always update'. I plugged the modem back in, restarted Steam, and QUICKLY changed the properties to tell it to prompt me.

As it turned out, Steam was choking at the time so I didn't need to rush that much.

Thanks for the heads up, folks!

By the way, still no luck in finding a method for disabling/removing patches and rolling back to a previous version, so to anyone currently playing Skyrim with mods, do not get the update just yet - I am beginning to fear that once you get an update, you are stuck.

I am instituting my own backups. Before I re-enable Steam to go "online" and stealth update, I am backing up everything in the Skyrim installation folder.

Oh joy. I tried to start playing the game and the main EXE is gone. This is pathetic.

Good to know!

Everyone, I'd suggest you play in offline mode until the mods get sorted with the new patch (as well as any bugs).

Also, backup your skyrim folder from the Steam area.

I hope they fix Steam to allow you to turn off updates, and keep backups automatically, though…

Back
Top Bottom