Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edtion: More Screens

Great deal. Did they change the provider or any reason why my DNS-Provider can't find a destination? Can't reach the website. Does anybody have the IP?

Looks good enough to me. I don't see the blue tint on the UI that some people were complaining about with the earlier screen. It just looks like a darker stone color imo.

Looks good enough to me. I don't see the blue tint on the UI that some people were complaining about with the earlier screen. It just looks like a darker stone color imo.

Yeah, kind of a blue marble stone with gold trim. That part seems fine to me. There's a few faces in the party that I don't recognize; must be the new additions.

It is perhaps a little surprising that they haven't done more work on the spell effects (judging by pic #3). The characters could have been anti-aliased as well. They still have that jagged-edged look.

Yea I didnt have any trouble installing a bunch of mods last time I played it and the graphics dont really look different to me. Hmm..

I'm starting to wonder what's supposed to be "enhanced" on this version.

Shadows look blue.... Oo There is definitely a huge improvement over the resolution, but to be honest I'm not impressed with the graphics... they look so blocky (points to house), it actually looks worse than playing with TuTu installed...

Eh, they've pretty much got my money already though.... with all the lack of interest in recent games....

Have to say I won't bother picking this one up - doesn't look that fantastic compared to the original. Good it will bring people to the franchise though.

It seems there are a lot of disappointed people. I suppose for the true fans this will be a nice addition to their BG collection. Personally, I feel they nailed it. The UI captures the feel of the original BG. Many people played BG with the Tutu mod so this seems like its too different(blue/gold) to them. I'm glad that they stayed true to the original look though.

I think it's also apparent that the avatars have been enhanced, but not by much. I'm happy with it. I knew they couldn't do much with it anyway, so it's nice that the avatars look a little better. Overall the graphics are sharper as well.

Many people were expecting Beamdog to do more with this project, but I feel they did a good job. It's seems like everything has been "enhanced" a little. It's expected to run more smoothly and multiplayer has been cleaned up. It certainly will be the best version of BG you can buy.

I feel they are off to a good start. All this work will give the modders more assists to work with as well. I hope it sells well and that BGII turns out even better! Ultimately, I hope Beamdog will be able to use all of this to make BGIII happen!!!

By the way, I wonder if the sound has been enhanced at all and will it be surround sound?

Last edited:
Maybe its just me, but I feel the interface looks more steampunk then fantasy, its not something I will shed any tears about though.

Other then that the screenshot shows what we already know, new content & new characters, the ice screenshot looks pretty empty of terrain details, but the indoors ones seems better.

It seems there are a lot of disappointed people. I suppose for the true fans this will be a nice addition to their BG collection. Personally, I feel they nailed it. The UI captures the feel of the original BG. Many people played BG with the Tutu mod so this seems like its too different(blue/gold) to them. I'm glad that they stayed true to the original look though.

I think it's also apparent that the avatars have been enhanced, but not by much. I'm happy with it. I knew they couldn't do much with it anyway, so it's nice that the avatars look a little better. Overall the graphics are sharper as well.

Many people were expecting Beamdog to do more with this project, but I feel they did a good job. It's seems like everything has been "enhanced" a little. It's expected to run more smoothly and multiplayer has been cleaned up. It certainly will be the best version of BG you can buy.

I feel they are off to a good start. All this work will give the modders more assists to work with as well. I hope it sells well and that BGII turns out even better! Ultimately, I hope Beamdog will be able to use all of this to make BGIII happen!!!

By the way, I wonder if the sound has been enhanced at all and will it be surround sound?

Yeah, I don't know what some where expecting. They said the graphics wouldn't be changed much because they didn't have the original art.

For me the main draw is the additional content and the camera changes. Being able to zoom and rotate the camera is worth it alone IMO, but I replay the IE games rather often.

For me the main draw is the additional content and the camera changes. Being able to zoom and rotate the camera is worth it alone IMO, but I replay the IE games rather often.

You're talking about the iOS and Android versions, right? Afaik, the zoom feature hasn't been confirmed for the PC version yet. I've got my fingers crossed that they can do it though.

German Gamestar had a preview of BGEE Beta in this month's print issue. This Beta seemed to have quite a few bugs. On the other hand, it's a beta. But maybe you want to wait for the reviews. Overall comment: More from the same, a little bit disappointed that there are is so little difference in art quality, the price, but it is BG, so they don't care.

Dark blue yes. Looks awful.

Back
Top Bottom