NWN2 Late To The Game

Neverwinter Nights 2
T

Toff

Just started NWN2 for the first time this weekend. Its one I always wanted to play and finally got around to buying a copy.

Movement was a huge pita out of the box. Finally got it to a somewhat acceptable configuration. Talk about character creation overload. I haven't played pen and paper D&D since AD&D so .... Started 2 characters who were both obviously bad and finally got some character building tips from online, much better now. Some parts are still buggy. I couldn't complete the initial tutorial as one of the parts simply wouldn't activate. I can't change resolutions either, stuck at some really low one. Have to wait till I get home to test a fix I found online.

Overall, it seems fun and I think it will keep my interest. I prefer storyline linear rpgs rather than sandbox ones. Haven't even looked at mods yet so I have no idea what is out there. My system isnt totally outdated and NWN2 can still stress it so I remember now why I never got it when it first came out.

MotB fixed a lot of the messed up camera control in the OC. Not sure if they have since added those fixes into the updates for the stand alone game. Have you fully patched the game? I played it about 2 years ago and I found virtually no bugs with the OC (I had MotB installed though).

I had a similar experinece to BN's. Howver, the camera controls needed serious tweaking in the .ini files; they were way too sensitive.

Also, I highly recommend the Big Inventory UI mod that makes inventory management much less tedious as well as Tony K's Companion and Monster AI Hak mod, plus others...

Trap Detailed Info
Official Campaign Tools and Fixes - Include super handy Party Roster menu anywhere (cuts out a lot of pointless back and forth) and Print Influence
Moreus Trap Fix
Kaedrin's PRC Pack - FIxes LOTS of bugs in spells, spell effects and feats
FI Big Fonts

Thanks for the tips. Whats a good mod download site? I looked and found a few but they seemed to have few non-module mods.

I got the box that had the OC and the two expansions in it. First thing I did was patch it up.

My 2 issues may be the result of me being on a Vista laptop. The OC seems to be playing fine so far and I may be stuck in a low resolution but at least the game is smooth. :)

From what I read I can change the nwn2.ini files manually to change the resolution but haven't gotten around to doing it yet.

The NWN2 mod site of choice for me is the Neverwinter Vault

http://nwvault.ign.com/

I didn't have the resolution problems you are seeing. I run on XP. Changing the resolution vs the .ini sounds like a good approach. You also may want to try to play windowed rather than full screen.

One of these days I will get around to playing Storm of Zehir and Mysteries of Westgate.

Back
Top Bottom