Morrowind So... Morrowind and leveling pace...

Combat is not the game's strong point to begin with. Exploration, and discoving locations/lore is where the game really shines.
Very, very true.

IMO, to enjoy Morrowind, it needs to be taken at a slower pace and definitely not rushed through. If you don't take the time and enjoy the world, letting it slowly pull you inside it, in its strangeness, its openess, its intricateness, and in all of the good things about exploration, you'll miss what the game is all about and very likely drop it after a few hours. It is not a combat RPG, where you gain your greatest enjoyment from heated combat encounters; it is an exploration RPG, where you gain enjoyment and immersion (yes, that nasty i-word) from the journey itself through the world, from reading the many books, talking to people and stumbling on remote, out-of-the-way caves and whatnot while exploring this strange, new world. BTW, reading the books is also a requirement for getting the hang of the backstory and lore, which adds to the game a lot.

So, take your time when playing Morrowind. It's a different experience from Skyrim. It's a slower game, but no less of a great game. It's just a bit harder to get to know to and be friends with, but once you do, you'll find you might be friends for life. ;)

Watch this and learn how much you actually need to level. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1IRxTN-_kU

That proves nothing and is not related in any way to the topic...

As other said before, it depends a lot on the type of character that you play, though regardless, at some point you will become all-powerful - all-knowing and all-wise.

That's the way to get the least out of playing Morrowind. You might as well just throw the game in the trash. :)

Last edited:
I never really noticed levelling very often in Morrowind. I'll just echo others and say it's a game to be taken slowly and explored rather than "finished".

Grab a scroll of Divine Recall, pick a direction, and go until you find something cool.

MW is very easy to brake if this is what you are looking for, if you don't RP is there for you to enjoy, i usually go for 100 Luck and HP, i find it amusing when i can not hit and they can not hit me .
The core of the game is getting lost and do things you ain't suppose to do , use mark/recall and kill Umbra at level 3 or cast frenzy on "bad people" while you are pickpocketing them, the possibilites are endless for you to exploit , be creative and use your imagination.

Back
Top Bottom