Mass Effect 2 - Blog Update @ IGN

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Casey Hudson pens the first Mass Effect 2 blog at IGN, saying the game will be properly unveiled at E3:
When Mass Effect was released, we were very happy to see how well it was received. But the first thing we did in designing Mass Effect 2 was to listen very carefully to what people were saying about how they played the first one – what they loved, what they wanted to see improved, and the countless anecdotes that describe players’ personal experiences with their unique paths through the story. We read forum posts, reviews, watched people playing the game on YouTube, and literally noted and categorized every piece of feedback we could find, to help us target an overall evolution of the gameplay to the way people actually experienced it. In other words, when you were talking, we were listening.

That important perspective, combined with the existing trilogy story and our own ambitions for new features, formed the blueprint for Mass Effect 2 – the dark second act in the trilogy.
There are also ME2 desktop wallpapers on offer at BioWare

More information.

LOL @ the cantina wallpaper. :lol:

The dark second act in the trilogy, huh? Hm...

What's the joke with the cantina wallpaper?

Oh, I just find the hologram at the center particularly funny, in a way (not that it doesn't make perfect sense). Yeah, you can take your Asari, human females FTW! ;)

About the blog...
In that first presentation, we laid out a pretty ambitious vision: that Mass Effect would be a trilogy of games and that you’d be able to see the effects of your decisions cascade across an epic 3-game story arc ... But as I look around at the amazing work happening here on Mass Effect 2, it’s extremely exciting to see that the team is coming through on that promise, far beyond what I could have imagined at the time.

I'm really interested in how this will turn out. Is it really going to be something more than "Shepard was(is?) female/male" and "X and/or Y died" ?

As far as I know, if you import your ME game, your actions there will change ME2 - i.e did you release the alien bug or kill it? What ending did you choose? Did you save the human colony or destroy it.. ?

Sounds very promising if they actually pull it off.

Any news yet on ME2 DRM? The DRM they chose for ME meant that it was the first Bioware game I refused to buy ...even though I really (really, really) wanted it. I'd be very peeved if they did it again :-/ One hopes they learned from the hue and cry that people raised, and the growing antipathy towards these kinds of DRM schemes.
(I would still buy ME - even now - if they removed the install limits...pretty please)

You can buy ME (the first one) from Steam; this version does not have the DRM that is installed with the retail version of ME1.

EA has also released a deauthorization tool for ME; this allows you to free up one of your activations. EA has also released a deauthmanagement tool; this allows you to see how many activations you have left on Mass Effect for example.

Back
Top Bottom