D&D Daggerdale - Interview @ Eurogamer

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Eurogamer has interviewed Zandro Chan from Bedlam Games on their co-op D&D game, Daggerdale:
Eurogamer: How faithful is that to 4th Edition Dungeons & Dragons?
Zandro Chan: Everything we have system-wise in Daggerdale is based off of 4th Edition rules. We work extremely closely with Wizards of the Coast to streamline their system to make it work for an action RPG. A lot of their systems are actually in there, but because it is an action title as well as an RPG we truncated a number of different rules. And we worked with them to get that working properly.
Eurogamer: Why did you opt for an action game over a traditional turn-based D&D RPG?
Zandro Chan: We chose to go the action RPG route because it's something that the team felt very passionately about. It takes the two great loves that the team has and marries them together in a really cool, unique experience. So brawling is something that we all really enjoy, the action side of it brings with it a lot of opportunities to create white-knuckle gameplay. It's something we think fits really well with the RPG portion of it, which allows us to develop a character and customise that character through a longer period of time.
More information.

If the team are passionate about the action side of it, I'm just as passionate about wanting nothing to do with this!!

Fixed the missing 'r'.

I want to vomit. YET ANOTHER action-RPG !

Sorry, but I'm sooo much fed up with this "action" stuff ... I rather prefer Drakensang 2 over that ...

and there goes any little tiny bit of interest I could have had for this game

Between this and the pseudo-MMO that is Neverwinter I really hope Atari loses the D&D license sooner than later.

was very excited when I saw a d&d title coming. then I read the "action" part and lost interest.

Between this and the pseudo-MMO that is Neverwinter I really hope Atari loses the D&D license sooner than later.

They almost did but somehow won the battle in court. Use goggle and you will see Hasbro tried to get there d&d license back from Atari. The new never-winter doesn't have me excited either. The game franchise has been in decline for over 5 years on the pc and consoles.

Wow this sounds terrible.

They're taking an RPG and making it into an action game. Makes sense.

No interest all.

Did'nt they already do this? (dnd heroes)

Why don't they do us all a favor, take toee's combat throw in some good graphics
and a great story and start churning out some games.

I don't hate action rpg's but do we have to get rid of turn-based rpg's all together.

Very very sad.

When asked how long this game will be, they say they are unsure and that they are jamming in so much content and they don't know. When asked again, they say with the amount of content they are putting in they can't know. When asked if it's 10 hours long, they say yes.

Buhh.

A faithful real-time adaption could be cool though.

Even some old action DND games were pretty fun like Towers over Mystara. I guess heroes of the lance gets a copper star for effort lol

Just as long as you can roll your toons and level them up properly I'd have fun with it.

I guess heroes of the lance gets a copper star for effort lol

Heroes was the only AD&D that made it to ZX Spectrum. It deserves copper dagger in the back for conning me into thinking it`s turn based like other GoldBox`, and then revealing it`s horrible self.

Back
Top Bottom