NWN2 Some questions

Neverwinter Nights 2

thorjylland

Traveler
I completed the original NWN 2 campaign a while ago but I lost my savegame. I want to know if I can play the MoTB addon right away or do I have to complete the original campaign all over again ?

I've also heard something about another addon/expansion called Mysteries of Westgate or something. What is it ? And do I need MoTB to play it ?

Hope you can answer all my questions. Thanks in advance :)

No, you don't need the old save game or exported character, as MotB lets you create a brand new character of lvl 18 right away (lvl 18 relatively, though an advanced race like the aasimars or thiefling, having a level adjustment of +1, will be lvl 17).

Mysteries of Westgate is an adventure pack, actually, you can read the new interview at the Watch (check frontpage) and have some info on that, as well as the info page on it in the Watch database for the other news and articles on it (I'm sure woull be able to find it). While I am not entirely sure about it, I won't need MotB to play it, but probably it's nice to have it (MotB adds a few more races and classes and you can mess around so you can mess around with them in MoW when it comes out)

Ok, thanks Arma.

Ahh So this Mysteries of Westgate adventure pack hasn't been released yet... I didn't know that. I read the diary at rpgvault and found this:

Mysteries of Westgate is a single-player game that starts the player off at level 8. It is very much an urban-based adventure, with a number of different districts that the player can explore within this city of corruption. Players can look forward to 15 hours of gameplay with a branching core story and, just like Darkness over Daggerford, plenty of side quests

Sounds very good. I can't wait to play it :)

I have a few more questions.

What is the maximum character lvl in MotB and how many hours of gameplay is there ?

Thanks again :biggrin:

- edit

oh wait nevermind... I found answers to my questions here NWN2 Wiki

The maximum character level is 30, however there are a few things to note. I hit by the end of the game with my OC-exported character (lvl 20), on the otherhand my followers were severely slogging behind since they are relatively lvl 18 when you get them (relatively since they were from more exotic races and had severe level adjustment), Safiya, the first and only pure human companion was at least a level behind me by the final confrontation in the exp campaign.

As for the hours of gameplay, I admit it probably varies. With the aformentioned character (a lvl 7 weaponmaster with 23 fighter levels by the end) I finished it in a couple of days. And I hadn't the time to play all day, mind you.

I'd say about half as long as the original NWN2, mostly because NWN2 has a few "slow spots" that take up a huge amount of time.

Back
Top Bottom